• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official movie review of The Wolverine. Good? Bad?

201 posts in this topic

I heard there is something after the credits right?

The after credits scene makes it all worthwhile. :D

Can you do a spoiler alert and tell me what it is?

Rather not pay money to see this movie till comes out on red box.

DON'T CLICK ON THIS LINK IF YOU WANT TO AVOID WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT THE WOLVERINE POST-CREDITS SCENE.

Wolverine end credits scene discussion

I read it and this made my day (seriously). That news is better than the entirety of the movie could be IMHO. I love it!

I aactually disagree about SS as a villain...I thought it looked cool until ...

the old guy was inside and then looked like the end of Iron Man 1 with Stane in the Iron Monger suit....

I thought that was lame!

I had already predicted it. No surprise for me. It bothered me that Adamantium was so weak.

DG

DON'T CLICK ON THIS LINK IF YOU WANT TO AVOID WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT THE WOLVERINE POST-CREDITS SCENE.

I read it and this made my day (seriously). That news is better than the entirety of the movie could be IMHO. I love it!

It's the news that is getting the most attention, even more than the main movie. And that is a shame, as they had a chance to make this Wolverine film a top-notch effort.

It's the news that is getting the most attention, even more than the main movie. And that is a shame, as they had a chance to make this Wolverine film a top-notch effort.

Exactly my thoughts.. People talking about the post credit scene saying its the best scene is on the same level as people writing about any random marvel movie and raving about the 2 sec Stan Lee appearance (where was he in this movie btw??)

Stan Lee is Logan :baiting:

And, I'm sure the movie is awesome, but the post credit news is exciting to me because I was bummed when a certain character left the scene previously. Majorly bummed. On the level when Data died in Star Trek: Nemesis.

It was an okay movie. Not great. I won't buy it when it comes out.

All I want is a little attention to detail.

There aren't even marks while he is continuously popping his claws. No blood. No scars. Nothing. People who have seen the movie know there should be.

Probably nitpicking, but it irritated me...

Yukio ruled, however.

It was an okay movie. Not great. I won't buy it when it comes out.

All I want is a little attention to detail.

There aren't even marks while he is continuously popping his claws. No blood. No scars. Nothing. People who have seen the movie know there should be.

Probably nitpicking, but it irritated me...

Yukio ruled, however.

Agreed.

I enjoyed it but to be honest Wolverine isn't the greatest Superhero for the big screen imo. He like Captain America is just too bland. Heals and cuts people with claws is his mo for 2 hours. I did like the storyline but there were some things at the end that kinda annoyed me but I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone.

Solid movie though, go see it.

I enjoyed it but to be honest Wolverine isn't the greatest Superhero for the big screen imo. He like Captain America is just too bland. Heals and cuts people with claws is his mo for 2 hours. I did like the storyline but there were some things at the end that kinda annoyed me but I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone.

Solid movie though, go see it.

I will be seeing it in the next few days. I hope it`s good! :wishluck:

What keeps it a perfect 5 is the Jean Gray scenes were very confusing for me (is she dead?,why is she in Wolverine's dreams?,why is she even in the movie?

These are questions that I can't explain (shrug) )

It was rather straightforward--she's in his dreams because he loved her. Within the context of the film's plot offering him the option of losing his healing powers, she represents a reason for him to die, so he can be with her in the afterlife.

Wow. Haven't seen the film yet but reading this thread begs the question: did Jean Grey really have that kinda affect on Logan? "Love of his life"? I've seen all the X flicks and I just didn't get that kind of connection between them. Now, do her scenes in The Wolverine matter or is it all just dream sequences? DO you feel invested in their "relationship"?

Wow. Haven't seen the film yet but reading this thread begs the question: did Jean Grey really have that kinda affect on Logan? "Love of his life"? I've seen all the X flicks and I just didn't get that kind of connection between them. Now, do her scenes in The Wolverine matter or is it all just dream sequences? DO you feel invested in their "relationship"?

I certainly wouldn't call Jean the "love of his life" since they were never even together, but the film presents Logan at an extremely low point in his life where he briefly ponders an offer to have his healing factor taken away so he can die since he has little meaning in his life, so the fact that he's dreaming about the only women he's loved recently--or maybe even the only woman he's loved at all since his memory was wiped--didn't seem much of a stretch. Nor did Mariko so quickly becoming a replacement for Jean in his desire to have something to live for surprise me either.

I saw it as more guilt-driven, since he popped claws in her at the climax of Last Stand. Yeah, he had a thing for her, and having to kill her left him with a lot to deal with, so the memory of her haunts him. This movie seems to have shown him finally dealing with that, amid everything else going on.