• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official movie review of The Wolverine. Good? Bad?

201 posts in this topic

He did that with Ronin. Wow, what a book that was!

I really enjoyed Ronin when it first came out and still do. There was literally nothing like it available at the time visually so it was a bit of a black sheep in comics.

Now with everything vying for a new look Ronin looks relatively tame.

I think it was just a little too far ahead of it's time.

Definitely didn't receive the love of other traditional characters that Miller supported. I still have my original set of Ronin, and they are not going anywhere.

Same here. I'd rather re-read that than Dark Knight returns. I was content with the beatup TPB from way back, but I finally got a nice set of the original issues.

Now after all this talk, I have a desire to go back and read this mini.

The topic was about eye candy. I prefer sexy over beautiful and I prefer sexy and beautiful over both. I've always said beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it's better if you be holding them. A pretty face on a twig of a figure doesn't really hold my attention in a movie theater. I do tend to like thin women, but this girl didn't look healthy. She looked like she needed to eat. Wolverine should have fed her instead of worrying about who was after her.

DG

hm

Cute, not beautiful.

That's all I was responding to...

The topic was about eye candy. I prefer sexy over beautiful and I prefer sexy and beautiful over both. I've always said beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it's better if you be holding them. A pretty face on a twig of a figure doesn't really hold my attention in a movie theater. I do tend to like thin women, but this girl didn't look healthy. She looked like she needed to eat. Wolverine should have fed her instead of worrying about who was after her.

DG

hm

Cute, not beautiful.

That's all I was responding to...

This is how I described the one with red hair. The other just had a more attractive face in close-up shots. Both were quite average looking in my opinion.

DG

I give it a 7 out of 10. The beginning was a useless throwaway segment. The ninjas could have been left out. Too much useless filler. The setup for the next X-men movie was the best scene. I kinda felt Jean Grey was choosing to live again at the end.

DG

?? The beginning was strong and was essential to the story on many levels. -- Leave out the ninjas? Man, we are living in two different worlds bro... ;)

I thought it was boring, overall. I love wolverine:origins, but the feel of watching this sequel was similar to getting a boring issue one month.

thought the villains were dull and underdeveloped, and viper looked like some plain kansas white girl. his interest and love for mariko sure came quickly and out of nowhere. at the beginning i was hopeful that this movie would have more WW2 era japan scenes. overall a C+/B-.

and i didnt stick around for the end credits.

Try and picture the movie Wolverine wearing his original yellow costume.

Ha Ha. Bet you can't help but laugh, with that in your mind.

Wanna have some more "mental picturing" fun?

Try to picture the Wolverine in this latest movie, against the Hulk of the Avengers movie.

I just saw the movie, and it was okay. The middle of the movie was god awful.

The cut scene was the only reason I paid the Tuesday $6.00 special to go see it.

Now to important matters.................

Can someone please explain to me how Day of Future Past will not blow from the facts we now have?

Why are the X-men First Class members in this up coming movie?

It sounds to me Wolverine will be going back into the past and we will not be seeing the future Wolverine battling sentinels. ???

Another Fox X-men blunder of a classic storyline is seemingly to be in the works.

Since they made a mockery of the Phoenix Saga I have total faith that they will for sure screw this up as well.

I just saw the movie, and it was okay. The middle of the movie was god awful.

The cut scene was the only reason I paid the Tuesday $6.00 special to go see it.

Now to important matters.................

Can someone please explain to me how Day of Future Past will not blow from the facts we now have?

Why are the X-men First Class members in this up coming movie?

It sounds to me Wolverine will be going back into the past and we will not be seeing the future Wolverine battling sentinels. ???

Another Fox X-men blunder of a classic storyline is seemingly to be in the works.

Since they made a mockery of the Phoenix Saga I have total faith that they will for sure screw this up as well.

Based on the cut scene my hopes are not high. That was a couple of minutes to make us eager for the movie and how did they handle it? Well, the two leaders of mutantkind decide that it would be best to sneak up on Wolverine in a crowded place, which requires Xavier to block everyone's senses because Magneto has wisely chosen to wear his costume. Plus, it's a security checkpoint and the two of them stroll up to it from opposite directions with no problem. Plus, was Logan arriving or departing? And it seems to take Xavier nearly half the scene to navigate that crowd in his wheelchair, when you have a master of magnetism who could have floated him over the crowd quickly. This is the kind of thinking these great leaders can manage.

All of it seemed a long way to go just to make the silly gag of Logan going through a metal detector.

I get it, Logan isn't the type to check e-mail and he wasn't looking to be found.

I thought it was boring, overall. I love wolverine:origins, but the feel of watching this sequel was similar to getting a boring issue one month.

thought the villains were dull and underdeveloped, and viper looked like some plain kansas white girl. his interest and love for mariko sure came quickly and out of nowhere. at the beginning i was hopeful that this movie would have more WW2 era japan scenes. overall a C+/B-.

and i didnt stick around for the end credits.

If you love Wolverine Origins the turd of all cinematic superhero turds your opinion is invalid. They not only borked Wolverine but also Deadpool in that "movie". (tsk)

w05747.gif

Im not a big deadpool fan so dont care if they botched him.

Origins was a good movie - sabretooth finally got a good role.

One of my biggest complaints is the stupid looking bone claws that look weaker than chopsticks.

w05747.gif

One of my biggest complaints is the stupid looking bone claws that look weaker than chopsticks.

He's not completely wrong. If you thought Liev Schrieber's Sabretooth wasn't an improvement in "Origins" over the original performance by Tyler Mane in the "X-Men" film, you need to have your head examined. Schreiber is the main reason I rather enjoy watching "Origins" from time to time despite the dumb parts of the film. I don't disagree about the bone claws looking weak, either, but that's not really a flaw specifically with the film, they seemed just as weak since being introduced in X-Men #75 back in the 1990s.

w05747.gif

He's not completely wrong. If you thought Liev Schrieber's Sabretooth wasn't an improvement in "Origins" over the original performance by Tyler Mane in the "X-Men" film, you need to have your head examined. Schreiber is the main reason I rather enjoy watching "Origins" from time to time despite the dumb parts of the film. I don't disagree about the bone claws looking weak, either, but that's not really a flaw specifically with the film, they seemed just as weak since being introduced in X-Men #75 back in the 1990s.

Ran into Liev Schrieber at our local airport because his mom lives in the area. Nice guy, but seemed very distracted to deal with his two kids. And I didn't even recognize Naomi Watts without her makeup, though she was very sweet.

If only I could have gotten a signature. But I couldn't bring myself to ask.