• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whitman and price variants.

17 posts in this topic

So I decided to go to the LCS to see if they got any new inventory in after the weekend.

They had none and I decided not to spend any money but I noticed a new box in the corner of the store. I looked around and decided to bust the box open.

I found 4 books and paid a dollar each.

My question is....has anyone ever think they got a price variant issue but it turned out not to be a variant?

Also, I can not find any information regarding the Daredevil 101 6p? Can someone give me a short lecture on this book please?

The black panther threw me off due to its price/marvel box on the upper left corner. I actually thought it was a price variant.

Here are the books in question. My scanner is in a box since I just moved.

IMG_0815_zps66d00215.jpg

I think it's Pence, like their money? Same in all respects except for the price listed. They used to be shunned, but I think they're gaining acceptance. There was a big article in one of the price guides, and then lots of discussion here if you search.

The funny priced .40 cent one can't be a price variant, they were only .30 and .35.

There's a great website for Whitmans that goes into scarcity, etc. I think it's at Lone Star Comics?

I think it's Pence, like their money? Same in all respects except for the price listed. They used to be shunned, but I think they're gaining acceptance. There was a big article in one of the price guides, and then lots of discussion here if you search.

The funny priced .40 cent one can't be a price variant, they were only .30 and .35.

There's a great website for Whitmans that goes into scarcity, etc. I think it's at Lone Star Comics?

I appreciate it. I will check Lone Star in a few.

http://stlcomics.com/checklists/whitman

I was just looking at that, but does it tell you scarcity?

There's a link on that page that shows scarcity.

http://stlcomics.com/checklists/whitmandatecorner.html

http://stlcomics.com/checklists/whitman

I was just looking at that, but does it tell you scarcity?

There's a link on that page that shows scarcity.

http://stlcomics.com/checklists/whitmandatecorner.html

I missed the link- thanks!

There's also info here --> Whitman DC Variant Appreciation Thread

(worship)

You should change your name to "BlowUpTheLink ", "LinkMaster", "Dr Link", "linky", "HeresYourLink,Donkey", "LinkX", "link40", "christianfinglink", "Flaming_Link", "linx4fun", " Links", or "GACollinkibles".

(worship)

You should change your name to "BlowUpTheLink ", "LinkMaster", "Dr Link", "linky", "HeresYourLink,Donkey", "LinkX", "link40", "christianfinglink", "Flaming_Link", "linx4fun", " Links", or "GACollinkibles".

From now on every search question I answer will feature the response, "Here's your link, donkey."

lol

(worship)

From now on every search question I answer will feature the response, "Here's your link, donkey."

lol

:roflmao: