• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's in the box?!?!

238 posts in this topic

The books were stored flat in large Ziploc bags, a few stored in comic bags. No backing boards. All books are no in Mylite2s with boards (thumbs u

So, it sounds like he knew they were valuable enough to put in a safe deposit box, but wasn't a collector.

That's unusual nowadays.

Great find!

Incredible find. How did you happen to find this person? Just curious.

This person knows the value of the books based on being in a safety deposit box. I'd love to know the negotiating that would go down for this haul.

Keep the pics coming!

Actually, the person was not quite aware of their present day value. A few locals tried to lowball the person on some of the books and it cost them, because nobody knew that there were more books. The person did a little research and quickly figured out the books were worth more than they were offered.

The owner will only deal with me because my being honest paid off and that person appreciated it. :applause:

I don't want to go into details about the deal, other than to say the books will be offered at a show I'm scheduled to do next month, maybe sooner.

That's awesome and congratulations! Honest dealings will always pay off. :headbang:

Every collector/dealer/enthusiast dreams of finding a small treasure trove like this. When the box was first opened, I saw the bottom cover of this little gem...

tec35.jpg

Just incredible. One of my grails right there. Might be time to unload the '79 Trans Am and free up some capital.

On a related note, there hasn't been a post in the GA forum since 8:27 eastern.

Those guys are too scared to come over to GA. lol

Okay, freaks, I have some work I have to get to. I will post more pictures tonight and I can't wait to show you guys!!!! :headbang: I'm pretty excited about it!!!

Im stoked for you also Royce.It really is a great thing!

supes1.jpg

My blood pressure has now spiked....my holy grail. The comic I have coveted since 8 years old.

(worship)

I checked GPA on this book and, amazingly, a very low grade copy is fairly obtainable. .05 prices are all over the place ranging from 4195 to $467 over the last three years. grab one of those bad boys and a facsimile cover and you got it made.

Thanks, Dennis. It was really a pretty exciting thing to find all of this, considering the vast number of turd collections I've had to pay my dues with lol

Incredible find. How did you happen to find this person? Just curious.

This person knows the value of the books based on being in a safety deposit box. I'd love to know the negotiating that would go down for this haul.

Keep the pics coming!

Actually, the person was not quite aware of their present day value. A few locals tried to lowball the person on some of the books and it cost them, because nobody knew that there were more books. The person did a little research and quickly figured out the books were worth more than they were offered.

The owner will only deal with me because my being honest paid off and that person appreciated it. :applause:

I don't want to go into details about the deal, other than to say the books will be offered at a show I'm scheduled to do next month, maybe sooner.

And he will be packing.....

Thanks, Dennis. It was really a pretty exciting thing to find all of this, considering the vast number of turd collections I've had to pay my dues with lol

But most of all the low baller comic buyer lost out

Grades are all over the place, from 1.0 and up. I've been to a lot of shows and have seen a lot of nice copies of this book. But I have to say that this is the nicest copy of this book I've ever seen in person...

tec33.jpg

Seriously, this is sweet copy of this book!