• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Daredevil 1 - Try Not to Laugh... Have fun...

24 posts in this topic

I picked this up when I was about 11 years old for $20 and an argument with my dad over spending $20 on a comic. It looked NM to me back then. Young eyes are deceiving. I present to you the first copy of Daredevil 1 I ever had. My 6.0 is a radical improvement but I still love its ugly little sibling. I thought it was lost but while looking for some books for a FS thread I found it in the silver age Spider-mans. (I only have 12 short boxes - how could things get so misplaced?)

So... what do you say... what is the grade?

DISCLAIMER: This book is NOT, nor will it be for sale.

Hidden defects... a little spine splitting in the darkened cover areas. Somehow the cover is firmly attached. The brown edges are brittle. That is not tape. The interior is cream colored. I have no idea what happened to the cover. I imagine it was set next to a heat source for the 20 something years between publication and finding its way into my hands.

DD1.jpg

DD1a.jpg

I love nostalgic stories like that.

I would say 1.0/1.5.

And in honor of Speedy-D's book naming...I am calling your book Brownie :)

HA!

I thought of that when I saw it. I had thought of 'Toasty.' However, I might send it off to be graded just for giggles and ask them to 'name' the book on the label. I am thinking of something along the lines of a post-it attached to bagged and boarded comic that says, "Please please please under the header where you would put info like it was a signed comic, please put the word 'Toasty'.

I wonder... hm ?

"I see nothing wrong with this." - Matt Murdock

I just literally laughed out loud and as I type. It feels so wrong, yet still, I laugh.