• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help! Corner Chip

11 posts in this topic

HI all

I was hoping for some more experienced opinion. Assuming this was a 10.0 book, how much would a corner chip like this knock it down to?

(Totally zoomed in cause its not a 10.0 book and to get a good look)

IMG_2557_zps6fff573a.jpg

IMG_2559_zpse01f95bf.jpg

IMG_2558_zps4ee72916.jpg

Thanks in advance !

If it's not a 10.0 why wonder what that chip would take it down? My guess is if this were a 10.0 that chip would take it down to 7.5/8.0. But if it were a 8.0 it would only take it down to a 7.0. And if it were a 3.5 it might not lower the grade at all.

HI all

I was hoping for some more experienced opinion. Assuming this was a 10.0 book, how much would a corner chip like this knock it down to?

(Totally zoomed in cause its not a 10.0 book and to get a good look)

How it affects the grade is relative. If this book isn't a 10.0, then any opinion is moot :shrug:

If it's not a 10.0 why wonder what that chip would take it down? My guess is if this were a 10.0 that chip would take it down to 7.5/8.0. But if it were a 8.0 it would only take it down to a 7.0. And if it were a 3.5 it might not lower the grade at all.

That :makepoint: