• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Spidey 300

11 posts in this topic

Last one for the day. Thanks guys for all your input. Several spine tics and one gnarly crease back cover lower right. Also one very light crease upper top left back cover. This one did get a press and appears much nicer than when I purchased it.

Spidey300_zps2d5c506f.jpg

Spidey300b_zpsff0b016a.jpg

I usually suggest that offering your own grade in the original post can contaminate or influence the viewers opinion ;)

Are either of the staples loose? The bottom staple looks a little bent (believe it or not that matters).

The front looks maybe 9.2 though there seems to be light edge wear in places. The back cover hurts (as you've stated). Some light color loss in spots, light abrasions on on both spine corners- both sides, the dreaded gnarly crease and light corner crease plus tics.

My uncontaminated, uninfluenced guess is 8.0, though 7.5 would not shock me. If a staple is at all loose, 7.0

I usually suggest that offering your own grade in the original post can contaminate or influence the viewers opinion ;)

Are either of the staples loose? The bottom staple looks a little bent (believe it or not that matters).

The front looks maybe 9.2 though there seems to be light edge wear in places. The back cover hurts (as you've stated). Some light color loss in spots, light abrasions on on both spine corners- both sides, the dreaded gnarly crease and light corner crease plus tics.

My uncontaminated, uninfluenced guess is 8.0, though 7.5 would not shock me. If a staple is at all loose, 7.0

Staple is tight and influence removed. Point well taken and thank you for your input.

8.0 however this book is such a tough one to grade scan wise, I'm sure in person it looks a whole lot different

These are difficult unless in hand. The splotchiness on the back cover is typical of most copies. Bindery defects are common. I've seen several spine stresses on 9.8's. This copy is probably an 8.5, but could press to a 9.0. I say this based on sending in dozens of these books to CGC.

Edit: just read that it was already pressed? Doesn't look like it to me.