• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Connecticut Comicconn - Aug 24, 2013

5 posts in this topic

I didn't see any postings for this, but the guest list looks interesting. I have nothing to do with the con itself.

http://www.comiconn.com/

Trumbull, CT

Sat Aug 24,2013

Guest list:

John Wesley Shipp

Mark Bagley

Ron Garney

Bob Camp

Cliff Galbraith

Comic Book Men

Rob Bruce, Ming Chen, and Mike Zapcic

Danny Fingeroth

David Rodriguez

Jim Salicrup

JM DeMatteis

Joe Staton

Larry Kenney

Matthew Dow Smith

Michael Jan Friedman

Paul Harding

Richard Clark

Ron Marz

Rusty Gilligan

Scott Hanna

Shannon Sylvia

Tom DeFalco

Tom Palmer

Anyone attending or know more about this?

Just got back. Admission was a bit pricey at $20. I think $10 to $15 admission would be more appropriate, but it didn't seem to keep anyone away. The place was packed!

It's roughly half the size of the Boston Comic Con, but easily the biggest Con in Connecticut.

BTW, how do they legally get away with calling it ComiConn? It's way too close to Comicon and isn't Comicon copyrighted?

It's like opening a restaurant called MacDonald's. I'm pretty sure McDonald's would not let that fly.

I've gone to this show three times at three different locations, and I've never been happy with the venues due to location, parking and congestion. I really wish they would choose a venue that could truly handle the number of people, like the convention center in Hartford.