• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

Now that I know there are at least another 100,000 raw Amazing Fantasy15s in the wild the people in the PIF thread really need to step up their game. If I don't see at least one low/mid grade 1st appearance of Spidey a week, we are all failing.

Ok I don't know what you guys think of me but a little inside.

I have no idea who will claim my PIF .

I do not need to be bailed out if it reverts it reverts.

I am trying to get the offers better and better just look at my first offer.WOW what a JD offer I feel I have made an effort to up my game.

As far as the PIF taken I still have them ALL except for 1 of the Italian spideys.I sent to Spideyvac? for his sons B-Day that I got from Valliant? can't spell his name

Also just throwing this out there I would like to start a COMICS FOR WOUNDED WARRIORS project because they might want to catch up on their favorite hero also.

If that works I would also like to send comics overseas to the guys fighting for USA.

Can anyone help me do this?

I contacted WOUNDED WARRIOR .waiting on response.

What do you guys think of my idea maybe the boards can make a difference instead of fighting?

Thanks

Frank

deflecting-bullets.gif

Also just throwing this out there I would like to start a COMICS FOR WOUNDED WARRIORS project because they might want to catch up on their favorite hero also.

If that works I would also like to send comics overseas to the guys fighting for USA.

What do you guys think of my idea maybe the boards can make a difference instead of fighting?

Thanks

Frank

regardless of my opinion of you or the debacle that PIF was for a few days. This isn't a bad idea Frank. I would send books to our Fighting men and woman. lord knows I wish some one had sent me some when I was stationed overseas

I just need to figure out if we need to send them overseas or somewhere here in the US NO ONE is doing this and I know the guys and women would enjoy them.

Just remember just because I have a few outburst and a few JD post does not mean my heart is not in the right place.

As far as what I said to Swik yes it happened and I felt like it was happening again with what alot of guys were saying about being bailed out.

Sorry Swik I should have never went off like that to anyone.I do NOT take advantage of the PIF I try hard to offer what I can afford and that is how I will always do it.

Any one like to try sending books to the troops send me a IM and lets see what we can do.

See you nxt month in PIF?

Topcat, so does this mean you are not taking a break from PIF? :(

Yes for at least a month or so

Do you think that will be enough time for all this disclaimer list talk to die down? Have you considered changing your board name too? [/quot

HELL NO I will Always be TOPCAT54.....

If you think I have a SHILL say so I can post ALL the address's I have sent PIF to.

Wake up I do not send to myself. Really I am 61 frigin years old why would I try to defraud anyone.

Ok I don't know what you guys think of me but a little inside.

I have no idea who will claim my PIF .

I do not need to be bailed out if it reverts it reverts.

I am trying to get the offers better and better just look at my first offer.WOW what a JD offer I feel I have made an effort to up my game.

As far as the PIF taken I still have them ALL except for 1 of the Italian spideys.I sent to Spideyvac? for his sons B-Day that I got from Valliant? can't spell his name

Thanks

Frank

deflecting-bullets.gif

Really is this what you think about our Vets?

Or am I taking this the wrong way (shrug)

I think he is insinuating that your desire to start a project to send comics for wounded warriors isn't based on any genuine altruistic motivation, but rather being used as PR damage control.

You had a FDQ meltdown and threw out some pretty terrible remarks. Some may now believe you're kind of :screwy: which is why you want to to start this project to paint a nicer picture of yourself. Some may be wondering what led to this epiphany? Just seems like interesting timing. hm

At least, I think that is what he means. (shrug)

There is a thread somewhere on the site that talks about sending comics to soldiers. I wanted to do it before but I remember there being a lot of rules at the time and it was a bit complicated. Can the site gurus find it?

Topcat, so does this mean you are not taking a break from PIF? :(

Yes for at least a month or so

Do you think that will be enough time for all this disclaimer list talk to die down? Have you considered changing your board name too? [/quot

HELL NO I will Always be TOPCAT54.....

If you think I have a SHILL say so I can post ALL the address's I have sent PIF to.

Wake up I do not send to myself. Really I am 61 frigin years old why would I try to defraud anyone.

DO NOT post everyone's addresses! lol

I'm not trying to figure out the relationship you have with Big Daddy. Shill? I don't know. It is suspect and it helps you take advantage of the PIF. That I do know.

What does age have to do with defrauding people? (shrug)

I was alluding to your transparent "month off" as an obvious tactic to calm PIF restrictions so you can continue your plundering when you return. The name change would take things further so maybe, just maybe, people in the PIF would forget who you are under a new name when you decide to return a month from now (or whenever a really sweet offer comes along)

I can honestly say that Topcat and Big Daddy are not the same person. Big Daddy claimed so many of my offers that he was actually placed in my frequent sent list on the USPS site. He does not live near Topcat's address in Florida either.

Now, as far as any friendship behind the scenes or anything, I would have no knowledge about that. It is weird that he seems to discover Topcat's offers in the final hours as if he is seeing them for the first time when it is apparent on every one else's offer he is there within minutes.

No, it's what I think of your silly attempt to deflect from your annual baby boy tantrum when people don't claim your funny books in the PIF thread. Weren't you just claiming everyone's parents spit on vets a few hours ago? Now you want to run a charity event with the same people? Seems a tad disingenuous, no?

I think he is insinuating that your desire to start a project to send comics for wounded warriors isn't based on any genuine altruistic motivation, but rather being used as PR damage control.

You had a FDQ meltdown and threw out some pretty terrible remarks. Some may now believe you're kind of :screwy: which is why you want to to start this project to paint a nicer picture of yourself. Some may be wondering what led to this epiphany? Just seems like interesting timing. hm

At least, I think that is what he means. (shrug)

Yeah, what he said and stuff!

They bring up a good point Topcat. What was up with that comment? It had nothing to do with PIF and an insult to all of the boardies with family members who have served. You have no way of knowing what people's parents did or did not do 40 years ago.

In general, the best way to send stuff overseas to soldiers, is to ask someone you know who serves. Chances are they are deployed or know someone who is. I used to send comics to my cousin when he was in Alaska, then Afghanistan, its nice if you send them full arcs, tpb's, or if you send them on a regular basis, the next issues month after month. it lets them have something to look forward to or feel like home. BUT increasingly, they get digital comics now too for them to read on their computers or tablets. So you can donate digital codes too. But its not like the 1960's where they'll be happy with a box full of random crappy comics. They appreciate the effort, but they do have other options now (they trade HQ bootleg movies like they trade cigarettes).

IF you don't know someone in the military, you can try to go to an organization, but its probably easier to go meet your local military recruiter. They will know local soldiers (from your area) and put you in touch with them, and they will know to come back and kick your if you send something other than what you say you're sending. Unless you desperately need the tax write-off, i would suggest this route. Its faster, easier, and more direct.