• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

I never ganged up on you. I helped you every step of the way since you got here, and tried to give you boardie friend advice of taking a break to let things calm down. The only question I have, that thus far has been unanswered, is why did you make such a horrible comment about boardie relatives spitting on soldiers? That's a low blow man.

Ok well in my opinion and only mine I feel that most of the people taking HARD shots at me are around maybe 45 to 50 yrs old. That would put their parents in or around the time all the people were against the war.There are some skeletons in the closet you may be amazed.

If they are younger than that 15 to 30 yrs old I should apologize to those.

It's like when you get pushed in a corner and have nowhere else to go a person lashes out and thats how I feel right now with all these people saying I cheated the board or stalled the board I never had any intention to do any of that I liked pif. Thats why I sent you the pm saying I would give back ALL the books except for the Italian spidey I sent to another boardie for his sons BD.

If a person has to go through all of this distrust PLEASE send your address and do what you will with the books.

Frank

Ok well in my opinion and only mine I feel that most of the people taking HARD shots at me are around maybe 45 to 50 yrs old. That would put their parents in or around the time all the people were against the war.There are some skeletons in the closet you may be amazed.

It's like when you get pushed in a corner and have nowhere else to go a person lashes out and thats how I feel right now with all these people saying I cheated the board or stalled the board I never had any intention to do any of that I liked pif. Thats why I sent you the pm saying I would give back ALL the books except for the Italian spidey I sent to another boardie for his sons BD.

If a person has to go through all of this distrust PLEASE send your address and do what you will with the books.

Frank

I don't know what to say.... Skeletons in our family's closet? WTH does that have to do with anything? What about all of the heroes in my family? That would be just as irrelevant since the topic was only PIF.

I'm sorry that you feel ganged up on by people here. You may not believe it but I stood up for you big time. There are plenty of people that will verify that here. I never thought, and still don't think, that you were a scammer or doing anything shady. The worst thought I ever had is that you just didn't understand what type of offers people would claim and which ones they would not. That is not that bad of a thing. I do not want your PIF claims, and I don't think anyone else does either. Those are yours and you should keep them.

You have to learn to stop lashing out at people like that. If this site stresses you out, which I hope it doesnt because this is where I come to escape, then let it go for a bit. You need to do what is best for your health and happiness, you know?

Frank

I don't know what to say.... Skeletons in our family's closet? WTH does that have to do with anything? What about all of the heroes in my family? That would be just as irrelevant since the topic was only PIF.

I'm sorry that you feel ganged up on by people here. You may not believe it but I stood up for you big time. There are plenty of people that will verify that here. I never thought, and still don't think, that you were a scammer or doing anything shady. The worst thought I ever had is that you just didn't understand what type of offers people would claim and which ones they would not. That is not that bad of a thing. I do not want your PIF claims, and I don't think anyone else does either. Those are yours and you should keep them.

You have to learn to stop lashing out at people like that. If this site stresses you out, which I hope it doesnt because this is where I come to escape, then let it go for a bit. You need to do what is best for your health and happiness, you know?

This is true.

Got to agree with CAHokie (Who did stand up for you) , do yourself a favor and just take time off and stay away frrom the PIF thread for a few months , at this point I am not sure why you would even get involved with the thread. Nothing good can come from it Stay on the boards.just dont get involved with the PIF, come back to PIF at a later date , . you will be a whole lot happier. And also thank you for your service to this country. It is as with all veterans much appreciated.

No, it's what I think of your silly attempt to deflect from your annual baby boy tantrum when people don't claim your funny books in the PIF thread. Weren't you just claiming everyone's parents spit on vets a few hours ago? Now you want to run a charity event with the same people? Seems a tad disingenuous, no?

AH I believe I was talking about the 60's & early 70's not in this day and time.

Yes I had a meltdown so sue me. It just seems everyone has ganged up on me because 1 guy likes my stuff at the last min.

I do not even know this guy never meet him or anything of the sort.

I understood what time frame you meant. And you've had more than one meltdown in that thread. Maybe something got poofed or edited, but all I saw was you posted some books, and after a short amount of time went by, started with the "close down this thread, woe is me, :blahblah:" routine. I didn't see anybody attacking you or your offer.

Ok well in my opinion and only mine I feel that most of the people taking HARD shots at me are around maybe 45 to 50 yrs old. That would put their parents in or around the time all the people were against the war. There are some skeletons in the closet you may be amazed.

My dad was in the Navy and my mom wanted to enlist but that wasn't something a woman did in the 1950's.

Not everyone was against the Vietnam conflict. Don't let a vocal minority skew your viewpoint.

-slym

I come from a long line of communist sympathizers that routinely spit on vets, so topcat has me pegged right. But he definitely owes the rest of you an apology.

Na zdorovie.

My father was in the Air force, My uncles were in the Marines & Army during Vietnam. Both my grandfathers served in WW2 "one wining the Bronze Star"

and I AM A VET !

One of the first things I learned from them is that service to ones country is a special thing. never to be taken lightly.

We serve for the betterment of all, not for ourselves.

I still believe that... maybe your service was not the same as ours, but I certainly would never consider using my service

or the service of my family to through a tissy on a comics forum. that would belittle them & myself

and hear are some pictures of my family who all served this country, I am proud of them

Here is a clipping of how my grandfather earned his Bronze star.

While he is no longer with us, I still treasure the values he taught us. I have his medal and it is one of the most precious things I own

291c1at.jpg

My Father in Vietnam

2yumwwi.jpg

My father, my mother and my grandmother. My mom helped to organized the red cross relief for the folks evacuated from Vietnam once they

flew them into Subic Bay and Clark field in the Philippines in 1975. My grand mother was a welder in Mobile during WW2 a true Rosie the Riveter

nx4y2v.jpg

My wife on the day I met her. she was a Seabee. Even to this day she can kick my Arse :)

j0w5qe.jpg

Here I am with my dog sunny "He was a service dog, so he counts!!"

2hf89si.jpg

I come from a long line of communist sympathizers that routinely spit on vets, so topcat has me pegged right. But he definitely owes the rest of you an apology.

Na zdorovie.

Comrade - first rule of spit club is we don't talk about spit club.

The Vietnam war was not a popular war. It wasn't until much later that vets were recognized for their service in that war. Even if you disagree with why we were there, there no reason to disrespect the men and women who served their country. I salute all who served.

However, being a vet does not give anybody the right to behave poorly in this community. It's a poor excuse.

I fought in the Sloe Gin Wars of 3042.

My father, Lord Admiral Gully Culvert, fought in the legendary space battle of Peach Schnapps.

We were routinely spat upon by boardie parents.

The boards are still gonna be around for thousand years? And some people say comic collecting will die out.