• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

We need a new PIF thread. Somewhere I could say "The first person that PMs me their address, and you aren't on my personal mess-list, I will send you something. If you don't like it, send it back to me (although I won't send anything else back to you) or you can PIF to someone else."

hm

-slym

We need a new PIF thread. Somewhere I could say "The first person that PMs me their address, and you aren't on my personal mess-list, I will send you something. If you don't like it, send it back to me (although I won't send anything else back to you) or you can PIF to someone else."

hm

-slym

Don't need a thread to do that. Just pick someone and send them something and explain the rules of your PIF.

Not that I've seen it happen but a PIF exploit just occurred to me because Shadow said his original offers weren't on the table anymore and he'd be changing it up if it reverted. Again not saying he did this, but he may be setting a precedent for some donkey to try this.

So let's say you put up a great offer. I come and claim it, and put up a great offer too, and some one takes mine, but it ends up reverting back to me. Now I say, remember my great offer? That's off the table, but here's some crappy offers instead. No one takes my *spoon*, but I've got what you put up already, so there is no recourse.

Point, people should not be changing there offers if it reverted to them. Part of what makes the revert rule work is that if someone takes a premium offer and tries to pawn off garbage, everyone should know they can wait for that good offer to come back up. It's what keeps people (in theory) from just taking the junk to keep the thread moving forward.

AS far as I know offers go like this,#1, Me, You, and #4. I take #1s offer, You take my offer, then #4 takes your offer. Since #4 took your offer it cannot revert past you so the offer from #1 ships to me. So if a PIF does not work it only hurts You in receiving My offer. This way "donkey" stuff helps no one.

I think the offers lately have been real good. Just no one is interested. The items were just not my cup of tea.

Sometimes after an offer is taken something happens to the item, sold, traded, or something. I dunno. What was the good thing that was left out?

Not that I've seen it happen but a PIF exploit just occurred to me because Shadow said his original offers weren't on the table anymore and he'd be changing it up if it reverted. Again not saying he did this, but he may be setting a precedent for some donkey to try this.

So let's say you put up a great offer. I come and claim it, and put up a great offer too, and some one takes mine, but it ends up reverting back to me. Now I say, remember my great offer? That's off the table, but here's some crappy offers instead. No one takes my *spoon*, but I've got what you put up already, so there is no recourse.

Point, people should not be changing there offers if it reverted to them. Part of what makes the revert rule work is that if someone takes a premium offer and tries to pawn off garbage, everyone should know they can wait for that good offer to come back up. It's what keeps people (in theory) from just taking the junk to keep the thread moving forward.

It would be a way to fill in a possible loop hole but I think the community can regulate that one without imposing any new rules. If someone offers up gold the first go around and then comes back with drek the next time it reverts back to them the community would raise a huge stink and that person would be blackballed. I think people should be able to change up their offer at any time they feel like it.

Not that I've seen it happen but a PIF exploit just occurred to me

Now I say, remember my great offer? That's off the table, but here's some crappy offers instead. No one takes my *spoon*, but I've got what you put up already, so there is no recourse.

Explain what exploit just occurred? Are you try to say what I offered up second was junk?

And for the record I did not set the presedent of changing the offer after a revert, it has been done before.

Now I say, remember my great offer? That's off the table, but here's some crappy offers instead. No one takes my *spoon*, but I've got what you put up already, so there is no recourse.

Explain what exploit just occurred? Are you try to say what I offered up second was junk?

And for the record I did not set the presedent of changing the offer after a revert, it has been done before.

In bold.

I'm pretty sure he's saying it hasn't happened, but that he's realizing it could. And I seriously doubt he's talking about you.

I think that there should be a rule that if ANYONE doesn't like the free comics you're offering; then you must go buy some more comics that you are willing to give me for free (I'd prefer something vhtf in the $80+ range DC/Marvel key arena).

I think that would solve the problem completely. Putting up non-keys and $40 slabs are like offering half-eaten cheeseburgers to a homeless person.

-T

In bold.

I'm pretty sure he's saying it hasn't happened, but that he's realizing it could. And I seriously doubt he's talking about you.

This is correct. Shadow cut half of the first paragraph of my post, I thought I was clear I was saying you weren't guilty of doing anything wrong, but it exposes something that a donkey could try to get away with.

Its early and I must just be reading it wrong. I was unsure if you were saying something happened , not it could happen. (thumbs u I have no problem in people changing things up as long as it is done in good faith. I also have no problem if people say they liked things that were offered up. The whole reason I put in the Cap Omnibus was I remembered Doc saying he liked it and figured I would give him a second shot at it.

I can say I think people sometimes try and over think this thread. If you try to over control it, it drives people away. I think community involvement and monitoring is the best way to go. If someone thinks something is off or needs to be addressed then take it up with the person in private first then move on to public if need be. At some point the people not playing in good faith will be know and dealt with if need be.

One thing everyone has to remember is not everyones likes or dislikes are the same. Just because you don't think it is worth something does not mean it is worthless. I have seen lots of stuff come up I did not think was interesting or cool but someone did.

Off my soap box :sorry: and back to regularly scheduled program

Its early and I must just be reading it wrong. I was unsure if you were saying something happened , not it could happen. (thumbs u I have no problem in people changing things up as long as it is done in good faith. I also have no problem if people say they liked things that were offered up. The whole reason I put in the Cap Omnibus was I remembered Doc saying he liked it and figured I would give him a second shot at it.

:foryou:

I think that there should be a rule that if ANYONE doesn't like the free comics you're offering; then you must go buy some more comics that you are willing to give me for free (I'd prefer something vhtf in the $80+ range DC/Marvel key arena).

I think that would solve the problem completely. Putting up non-keys and $40 slabs are like offering half-eaten cheeseburgers to a homeless person.

-T

I really don't know what this means. Are you saying you offered up a half eaten burger? lol

-T

I really don't know what this means. Are you saying you offered up a half eaten burger? lol

I know a couple of boardies that would be all over that offer!

12416296240968d56883f3a6f48fcc9d.png

-T

How else do you know if a burger is worth giving away, unless you take a bite out of it first to make sure it's worth giving away? Yes. All my free give-away burgers are half-eaten. And that is why homeless people spit at me, or bite me in the attempt to give me rabies....

Proverbially speaking of course.