• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

The only people that ever say the thread is dying are people who are having a tough time getting an offer accepted. if the worse thing that can happen is an offer reverts then why does almost everyone complain about the thread being broken when it looks like their offer will revert?

It was wrong for me to say the thread is dying. There seems to be less traffic or funny words as of late. How about that?

I can only offer what I have and if it reverts then it reverts. I love my 4th world books and I have read them and enjoyed them. They were what I thought would be my ace in the hole to pass on. Apparently I am incorrect on that assumption. Either way I will keep on trying seeing if I can add anything else...

A good question I would ask is, what could make my offer better?

An Amazing Fantasy 15 would work.

All kidding aside your offers are not terrible . Just depends on who is looking at that time and who wants what you may have. Offers sometimes marinate for a few days and then get picked up at the last minute. could try what I and others have done. Make it multiple options etc. Example take 2 of the options etc just to get some traction.

The only people that ever say the thread is dying are people who are having a tough time getting an offer accepted. if the worse thing that can happen is an offer reverts then why does almost everyone complain about the thread being broken when it looks like their offer will revert?

It was wrong for me to say the thread is dying. There seems to be less traffic or funny words as of late. How about that?

I can only offer what I have and if it reverts then it reverts. I love my 4th world books and I have read them and enjoyed them. They were what I thought would be my ace in the hole to pass on. Apparently I am incorrect on that assumption. Either way I will keep on trying seeing if I can add anything else...

A good question I would ask is, what could make my offer better?

I would say that even that is not entirely true. Did you not see all of the fun comments and offers being taken just a few days ago? People are always around and checking in. It is very rare that great offers sit around due to a lack of traffic.

No one has said anything bad about your offers. I like filling up a box of choose your own stuff, they just don't happen to be in a lot of people's collection focus. That doesn't make them bad books though.

(shrug) I'm very proud of the ears poking through the DB hat. :D

lol You did do a good job, I will give you that. Now if we could just harness your powers for good and not evil! :grin:

Post something that someone would actually want. (shrug)

You posted books that don't have issue #1's and aren't highly collectible.

People can't read the books unless they already own #1 and aren't going to collect the books unless they have #1. Not to mention it's not like you offered up a set of books that would appeal to a lot of people. Forever People or Mister Miracle? (shrug) .

You claimed something that is CURRENTLY wildly popular. Maybe someone wants to see what all the fuss is about and read TWD. Are people actively discussing Forever People or Mister Miracle? The rest of your offers are a hodgepog of books that would appeal to a very limited group of collectors.

So... "post something that someone would actually want" is the best advice I can offer.

People can't read the books unless they already own #1 and aren't going to collect the books unless they have #1. Not to mention it's not like you offered up a set of books that would appeal to a lot of people. Forever People or Mister Miracle? (shrug) .

You claimed something that is CURRENTLY wildly popular. Maybe someone wants to see what all the fuss is about and read TWD. Are people actively discussing Forever People or Mister Miracle? The rest of your offers are a hodgepog of books that would appeal to a very limited group of collectors.

So... "post something that someone would actually want" is the best advice I can offer.

I wish. I never owned the #1s I have been fortunate enough to obtain these. What would appeal to a lot of people? That is the question.

I wish. I never owned the #1s I have been fortunate enough to obtain these. What would appeal to a lot of people? That is the question.

I will give you an honest answer.

If a person offers trades I always highly recommend they be a run, and the run always start with 1. I like to read new stuff so I would take a chance on a new series in PIF but I don't want to start on trade 3.

If giving single comics, they could be something interesting such as a desired cover, story line, first appearance, etc.

Art is always cool, but no one expects people to offer that up but it is cool when it happens. Same with sketches, they are always cool.

I think a set of 10 walking dead TPBs would be a cool offer :kidaround:

That is part of what is fun and frustrating about the thread. Peoples interest are so varied.

I know it has been mentioned a few time by people that they were posting Batman because I liked it. I truly appreciate that but it is also going to be hard to find a book that will peak my interest as I own all Batman/Tec Bronze age to Current and a whole lot before. Again the thought is much appreciated and is one of the good parts to the thread. Trying to learn everyones interest is a endeavor onto itself.

I only need a #3. :sorry:

I don't care what you need. lol what have you done for me lately. (shrug)

lol

We'll see when I go page by page through a 190 page Club thread and compile a list again for you in the future. :baiting:

I only need a #3. :sorry:

I don't care what you need. lol what have you done for me lately. (shrug)

lol

We'll see when I go page by page through a 190 page Club thread and compile a list again for you in the future. :baiting:

Touche' my man,touche'. (thumbs u