• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

I thought this thread was dead and buried? I guess all types of things rise again on Easter.

This thread has been active for several weeks. I guess it worked for the joke though...

I thought this thread was dead and buried? I guess all types of things rise again on Easter.

This thread has been active for several weeks. I guess it worked for the joke though…

I didn't realize it was active again… My fault- poor joke then. I guess I've had selective reading.

This thread has been active for several weeks. I guess it worked for the joke though…

I didn't realize it was active again… My fault- poor joke then. I guess I've had selective reading.

As a side note, only good things rise again on Easter. ;)

From the PIF thread:

Since this current derailment happened because of my accusation (or whatever the Donkey Defender called it) that Meeklo did something wrong I felt I should lay it out.

For clarification purposes, here is a breakdown of the PIF I had with Meeklo.

His offer:

Sorry I do not have pictures. Everything is new in damn near perfect condition.

Option 1: I have Amazing Spider-Man #136 currently at CGC. It's invoice was just put into Quality Control two days ago. I will offer it up, I expect it to be around 6.0 to 8.0 at best.

This is the claim from Meeklo that I took. He stated in the offer that it looked to be a 6.0 to 8.0. Yes, I know grades are not exact so I had no problem if he was wrong and it came in on the the low 6.0 or a bit lower.

After I claimed it and put up my offer than he sends me this pm.

Yeah...I just looked at that photo of it. I highly doubt that will be an 8.0.

Any guesses?

Attached was a link to a photo where he had bought it for $20 as a VG- and it was obvious (Very Obvious) that it would be lucky to get a 6.0 but not the end of the world. Not for sure why he would think it could get an 8.0

I told him we could just put Manicnerds nice offer back up and cancel ours. He sent me another message saying.

If it comes back lower than the 6.0, you can either grab one of the other offers or I'll throw the ASM 101 in with it.

I said ok. It came back a 5.5 and he said I could have the ASM 101 as well (he got that for $20 as well in the same thread). I said that was fine and very generous of him.

After a few weeks he got the grade back on the ASM 101 and it was higher than he expected so I got this message.

So I may have to change this up a bit if that is okay with you. I I'm having to take a break from this site for a while to get some stuff taken care of, ovine, rearranging some things.

He offered me an ASM 136 that he said he just got that was in the grade he originally offered. I agreed thinking otherwise he would just disappear. Keep in mind it wasnt about the comic or grade at this point but what felt like a run around.

He did send the slab in the correct grade. I immediately ran the numbers and found out it was purchased on Ebay immediately AFTER I agreed to yet another change. I guess by "got" he meant, found online for sale so he could keep the ASM 101.

Ultimately he sent what he originally promised so I never said anything in the thread but only when he realized it would maximize the most profit for him. It just left a bad taste in my mouth and felt like he was being shady with me in the back and forth. Not the end of the world but one of the reasons why I joke about him being a donkey.

He did apologize today and offered to give me the ASM, but I politely declined. At the time, this took place, it was the back and forth and threat of leaving that made me mad, not the book itself. Oh, and there was nothing about a cat. That was not until weeks later when he offered to sell me the ASM.

I will continue to search the timestamps to more accurately discern what happened here.

I offered an ASM #136 in 6.0-8.0 range, it came back 5.5 so I offered the ASM #101 that was with the same submission.

The ASM #101 was graded 8.0 and I told CAHokie that I needed to sell it to raise money for my cat...I did offer it to him first since I originally promised it to him.

I did buy a ASM #136 on eBay in grade 8.5 and sent that one to CAHokie. I kept the 5.5 and must have eventually sold it off. (Honestly cannot remember what happened to the 5.5 but I do not have it now.)

Everything you said above is accurate except for the cat!!!! Stop saying that.

That was like weeks later when you tried to sell it to me. By then I didnt trust you. All you said was in the above quote which is why I felt the way I did. Again, had you told me at the time you wanted to change it for your cat I would have said absolutely. Odds are high I would have paid the bills for it for you. It wouldn't be the first time I have. A persons animal is a family member.

I offered the ASM #101 on 5/2/14 according to CAHokie's post:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7660635#Post7660635

Then I offered it in the "cat thread" on 7/2/14

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7828718#Post7828718

So that is two months difference...at some point right before 7/2/14, I offered it back to CAHokie.

Other than that, I honestly have absolutely no idea what happened in there. If I was trying to withhold it for shady reasons, I would assume I would have sold it off sooner than two months later.

I have no real reasoning for that, I have apologized multiple times now to CAHokie. I offered to make it up to him which he has declined. The offer still stands and will always stand until he claims it.

I've been screwed over so many times in pif I can't even remember who did it each time.

Who was the clown that claimed like 6+ offers and never sent the stuff he owed out, until we all started talking and pointing out we never got our stuff? I never got anything from him.

Then there was the other joker, forget his name also, that claimed a huge lot of books I offered because he said they looked like "good reads" and had them posted on eBay less then a week later, and claimed they were his duplicate copies.

I know there was a few more but those are the ones that really stand out.

I've been screwed over so many times in pif I can't even remember who did it each time.

Who was the clown that claimed like 6+ offers and never sent the stuff he owed out, until we all started talking and pointing out we never got our stuff? I never got anything from him.

Then there was the other joker, forget his name also, that claimed a huge lot of books I offered because he said they looked like "good reads" and had them posted on eBay less then a week later, and claimed they were his duplicate copies.

I know there was a few more but those are the ones that really stand out.

That was Oceanavekid (or something like that). He claimed the Infinity Gauntlet series and had them up on eBay within 2 days or so.

I remember him because he had the only situation that I could not think of any other possible reason for doing what he did.

Why'd the new trading thread get deleted?

Who knows. That would imply that the powers that be are consistent or at least tell you what you did wrong.

Should I even bother trying to setup a new updated PIF thread? I volunteered to do it during the last big "discussion" in the PIF thread, albeit in a little while not immediately.

I was ready to roll out the new version tonight but now I don't know if I should. :screwy:

Oh, well by all means, go for it!

Should I even bother trying to setup a new updated PIF thread? I volunteered to do it during the last big "discussion" in the PIF thread, albeit in a little while not immediately.

I was ready to roll out the new version tonight but now I don't know if I should. :screwy:

Oh, well by all means, go for it!

Please. Do.