• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

Should I even bother trying to setup a new updated PIF thread? I volunteered to do it during the last big "discussion" in the PIF thread, albeit in a little while not immediately.

I was ready to roll out the new version tonight but now I don't know if I should. :screwy:

Oh, well by all means, go for it!

I guess I should add, one of the many reasons why I hadn't done it yet and didn't plan on doing it until I thought it through, is how to handle the cluster F*&k of posts we might potentially have to deal with.

For example, an offer is up, we'll use the ever famous ASM #300 posted by Steve.

Steve's copy of ASM #300 is the current "hot seat" offer. 13 people all post PIF offers in an attempt to claim in, ranging from the asinine and mundane to legitimate.

Of course we know no one gets the ASM #300 unless their offer gets claimed, and in an effort to get their offers claimed they are bumping their offers and changing their offers and people are discussing things in the thread and 45 pages later no one has any idea what's going on...

And that's just day one.

Should I even bother trying to setup a new updated PIF thread? I volunteered to do it during the last big "discussion" in the PIF thread, albeit in a little while not immediately.

I was ready to roll out the new version tonight but now I don't know if I should. :screwy:

I guess I should add, one of the many reasons why I hadn't done it yet and didn't plan on doing it until I thought it through, is how to handle the cluster F*&k of posts we might potentially have to deal with.

For example, an offer is up, we'll use the ever famous ASM #300 posted by Steve.

Steve's copy of ASM #300 is the current "hot seat" offer. 13 people all post PIF offers in an attempt to claim in, ranging from the asinine and mundane to legitimate.

Of course we know no one gets the ASM #300 unless their offer gets claimed, and in an effort to get their offers claimed they are bumping their offers and changing their offers and people are discussing things in the thread and 45 pages later no one has any idea what's going on...

And that's just day one.

To add to this, how do we stop this shenanigans?

So 13 people all said :takeit: for the ASM 300 and they themselves have no posted offers they are hoping will get claimed, so they can win said ASM 300.

Well lets say Richard posts X-Force #1 and behind the scene Richards buddy says :takeit: to X-Force #1.

Now Richard has the ASM 300, X-Force #1 is on the hotseat and Richards buddy posts that no one willl ever want... So no one will put a :takeit: towards Richards Drek and on one is going to make a PIF offer towards the current X-Force #1 hot seat.

Why'd the new trading thread get deleted?

Who knows. That would imply that the powers that be are consistent or at least tell you what you did wrong.

Yeah. I saw that new Trading Thread also and thought, Cool! Then saw it was deleted and stumbled across this thread. I went back about 10 pages, but never saw any actual offers, but instead just comments about drama and junk donkeys. Didn't really know what a junk donkey was before this thread. Good term to describe the actions of some though (assuming my understanding is correct). But even in reading some of the history and comments in the last 10 pages, I have gained even more respect for some of the members (both long standing and some who are relative "newcomers") of this community. Cheers to you my brothers and sisters. You get to go on my personal good person list! (thumbs u

I guess that shenanigans is prevented if Steve, the original ASM 300 offerer vetos the X-Force #1 claim... But it won't often be so cut and dry and people will usually not want to be the "bad guy" and veto anything.

Still that doesn't address the issue of the thread being confusing as hell to follow.

And that's just day one.

To add to this, how do we stop this shenanigans?

So 13 people all said :takeit: for the ASM 300 and they themselves have no posted offers they are hoping will get claimed, so they can win said ASM 300.

Well lets say Richard posts X-Force #1 and behind the scene Richards buddy says :takeit: to X-Force #1.

Now Richard has the ASM 300, X-Force #1 is on the hotseat and Richards buddy posts that no one willl ever want... So no one will put a :takeit: towards Richards Drek and on one is going to make a PIF offer towards the current X-Force #1 hot seat.

I was wondering how the offer gets accepted. This clears it up for me; and now I see how a pair could work together to abuse it. Thanks.

The poster of the ASM has veto powers on a lame offer like that

Yeah I get that, but like I said often it won't be super obvious and people are very reluctant by nature to Veto an offer and look like a bad guy.

That and they have to actually be around and paying attention to veto it. It could easily be a day or more and the original ASM 300 poster doesn't check in to see his need to veto something. So... people get pissed and argue and start fires and break out pitchforks while this is going down.

And again managing the total and utter chaos of potential posts... I don't know about that.

The poster of the ASM has veto powers on a lame offer like that

But what if the shill buddy claims the drek before it's vetoed?