• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

Had no idea the pif process was so complicated

It's all due to a lack of common sense, i.e. the main reason we have laws and regulations in the first place. If everyone knew what they were doing, there would be no problem and no thread.

I see a new problem arising here. Too much debate. Someone needs to own the thread and make some decisions.

Okay, here are what I would like to see done:

1) Once you claim something, you have 3 days to present an offer that is claimed and until your offer is claimed, your selection is not shipped to you. After 3 days of your unsuccessful offerings, the offer you originally selected is again available to all, with no retroactive issues to this PIF offer.

2) A firm 2-week waiting period between claiming PIF offers, no wiggle room or 24-hour windows.

3) A 6-month board tenure before you can claim your first PIF offer.

I see a new problem arising here. Too much debate. Someone needs to own the thread and make some decisions.

1) Once you claim something, you have 3 days to present an offer that is claimed and until your offer is claimed, your selection is not shipped to you. After 3 days of your unsuccessful offerings, the offer you originally selected is again available to all, with no retroactive issues to this PIF offer.

2) A firm 2-week waiting period between claiming PIF offers, no wiggle room or 24-hour windows.

(worship) I am all for that JC.

Ditto (thumbs u

Ditto (thumbs u

Agreed, although the wording of #1 is a bit weird, I think based on previous discussions I get it.

Ditto (thumbs u

Agreed, although the wording of #1 is a bit weird, I think based on previous discussions I get it.

We're always open to a better and more concise description. Concise is not my strong point.

I do have an idea that might work.. How about making it a rule to post
:takeit: pending pm
and the person taking the offer PM's his next offer to the person with the current offer. They then discuss and/or accept/decline through PM. That way nobody can say anything about what is being offered next.

But then the junk donkeys will get all butthurt with being refused in public (as the old offer will reactivate) and hilarity will ensue.

There's really no answer, other than everyone lining up and getting a fortified shot of "common sense".

Ditto (thumbs u

+1

It would be nice to do a reboot but would they agree to sticky it and release the other one? I am not for sure. Maybe add a rule that there be no threadcrapping in the thread itself. It should all be in the PIF Discussion thread.

I am not for sure. Maybe add a rule that there be no threadcrapping in the thread itself. It should all be in the PIF Discussion thread.

[font:Book Antiqua]As long as shills and people stealing great books

and posting $ .25 cents books in return are allow

this sounds like a great idea...

[/font]

:applause:

I am not for sure. Maybe add a rule that there be no threadcrapping in the thread itself. It should all be in the PIF Discussion thread.

[/font]

Sigh... its late and my brain is slow at the moment. Are you agreeing that there should be no threadcrapping in a "new" PIF thread or implying that I somehow support shills and/or people posting drek? Again, I ask only because I truly am not for sure which position you are taking.

[/font]

Sigh... its late and my brain is slow at the moment. Are you agreeing that there should be no threadcrapping in a "new" PIF thread or implying that I somehow support shills and/or people posting drek? Again, I ask only because I truly am not for sure which position you are taking.

Just ignore him. He's yet to make a single useful contribution to the PIF thread or to this one.

If he had taken any time at all to understand the new 3 day rule that's being proposed there wouldn't have been any need for that comment.

So what's the deal now?

I'd suggest tackling each of the proposed changes in turn, starting with the three day proposal.

It looks like there's general support for that rule. A poll in this thread would make sense - with a link to the poll in the PIF thread itself so that all participants can see it.

Keep it open for a week I'd say. And also keep it simple: "Yes, let's implement the 3 day rule as proposed" or "No, back to the drawing board". Trying to give different iterations of the rule would over-complicate things imo.

Once that's been settled, the time period between claims and minimum post/membership could be properly discussed and voted on. The main chat seems to have been about the 3 day rule, so I'd say that that should be settled first.

So what's the deal now?

I'd suggest tackling each of the proposed changes in turn, starting with the three day proposal.

It looks like there's general support for that rule. A poll in this thread would make sense - with a link to the poll in the PIF thread itself so that all participants can see it.

Keep it open for a week I'd say. And also keep it simple: "Yes, let's implement the 3 day rule as proposed" or "No, back to the drawing board". Trying to give different iterations of the rule would over-complicate things imo.

Once that's been settled, the time period between claims and minimum post/membership could be properly discussed and voted on. The main chat seems to have been about the 3 day rule, so I'd say that that should be settled first.

That's a great idea and I agree 100%.

I'd immediately do that myself but I don't know how to make a poll here. I like the exact wording you used for both poll options as well.

39 votes. And only a difference of 9 votes. You’re going to implement a major rule change on the basis of a handful of votes? Is the poll a true representation of how most of the community feels? Surely there are more than 39 people following and participating in PIF.

Here's the link. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7424091#Post7424091

39 votes. And only a difference of 9 votes. You’re going to implement a major rule change on the basis of a handful of votes? Is the poll a true representation of how most of the community feels? Surely there are more than 39 people following and participating in PIF.

Here's the link. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7424091#Post7424091

As you stated, 39 people is not a good enough sample size. Since that poll, this discussion has worked out some of the kinks of the 3 day rule. Linking it to the PIF and this thread is also essential for a new poll.