• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Giant-Size Defenders #1

6 posts in this topic

Is that a stain on the back? Does it bleed through to the interior pages?

No bleed through. When I took it out of the bag today for the first time there was some piece of candy or something stuck to the back cover. I was able to remove it carefully enough (surgeon style) but was left with that single mark on there :sorry:

Looks like an 8.5-9.0, but a couple concerns...

Whatever the stain is, does it raise off the paper? Meaning can you feel it or is it flat?

The back cover left edge seems straighter and sharper than the rest. It may be nothing more than a miscut, but could this be a bad trim?

Not that there are good trims hm

EDIT:

Just read the later comments. Surgeon style... You had a few couple martini's first?

The candy hurts it obviously. I'm sure that can be cleaned, but not so sure it's worth it. I guess my initial question of how much it raises off the paper still applies.

Tough one, I'm gonna say 7.0-7.5 because of somebody's sweet tooth :mad:

Be glad it isn't chocolate.

Looks like an 8.5-9.0, but a couple concerns...

Whatever the stain is, does it raise off the paper? Meaning can you feel it or is it flat?

The back cover left edge seems straighter and sharper than the rest. It may be nothing more than a miscut, but could this be a bad trim?

Not that there are good trims hm

EDIT:

Just read the later comments. Surgeon style... You had a few couple martini's first?

The candy hurts it obviously. I'm sure that can be cleaned, but not so sure it's worth it. I guess my initial question of how much it raises off the paper still applies.

Tough one, I'm gonna say 7.0-7.5 because of somebody's sweet tooth :mad:

Be glad it isn't chocolate.

no raises off the paper. I should have took picture of the object first. In my opinion it was a piece of candy, of the jolly rancher family. Surgeon style is my way of being funny by depicting a method analogous to that of a careful comic book caretaker who is careful and skillful at attempting to take out a piece of foreign matter.

Do you have suggestions on how to clean this stain? In my opinion it is still fresh (not from my own doing, just by appearance) and the option might still be on the table. Yes, I am by all means glad it wasn't a chocolate bar in there. I'm still upset I didn't check the back before buying it at the comic shop I went to, but you really can't beat the quality of the front and spine for what it was worth. Thanks for the feedback!