• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 46 - first shocker! oo yea

13 posts in this topic

Too bad their blade got dull before they cut this :(

no restoration aware by previous credible store owner. you can click on the images for close-ups on photobucket. the upper left BC shows the actual border

He doesn't mean that it is restored. Obviously the blades they used to cut this comic during the manufacturing process weren't very sharp and hence caused the edges not to be perfectly straight. As far as I know, this is quite common among Marvel comics, can even cause a lot of chips to be missing from the edges as little pieces were torn away by not very sharp blades. This effect is called Marvel chipping and is tolerated to some extend in the grading process.

no restoration aware by previous credible store owner. you can click on the images for close-ups on photobucket. the upper left BC shows the actual border

He doesn't mean that it is restored. Obviously the blades they used to cut this comic during the manufacturing process weren't very sharp and hence caused the edges not to be perfectly straight. As far as I know, this is quite common among Marvel comics, can even cause a lot of chips to be missing from the edges as little pieces were torn away by not very sharp blades. This effect is called Marvel chipping and is tolerated to some extend in the grading process.

Ahhh sorry for the misinterpretation guys. Thanks for clarifying for me

I think I'm liking that at an 8.5...
+

Me too. Textbook 8.5 IMO

I think, and I'm not 100% on this, that all of the 6 or so copies of ASM 46 I've owned have had gnarled edges from dull blades.

There appears to be some kind of damage on the lower left corner of the book around the pillar area? I can't be certain but it does appear to be a significant bend but no colour break is noticeable. My guess for this grade would have to be 7.0 to maybe 7.5.

He doesn't mean that it is restored. Obviously the blades they used to cut this comic during the manufacturing process weren't very sharp and hence caused the edges not to be perfectly straight.

^^:foryou:

Had I meant restored, I'd have said "trimmed" ;)

He doesn't mean that it is restored. Obviously the blades they used to cut this comic during the manufacturing process weren't very sharp and hence caused the edges not to be perfectly straight.

^^:foryou:

Had I meant restored, I'd have said "trimmed" ;)

my bad :foryou:

It is difficult to tell what it is but if you look at the large scan go to the left side at Shockers right foot. It appears as though it extends in an arch from Shockers foot to the bottom of the page just to the right of the pillar between the black of the pillar and the black in the first break of the concrete. Maybe ask the owner if it is there or maybe I need glasses?