• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cincy Comicon Weekend of 9/6 - 9/8

30 posts in this topic

Having been to neither this show nor the CCE show before, I had decided to drive up for the show this weekend. I don't care about sigs or SS's or sketches, I just like to shop for comics. Would veterans recommend skipping this show and coming up for the CCE next week? Just looking for the widest selection of books in one spot.

from the list of vendors it looks like Paul from Comic Book World will have the best selection of vintage comics, but he will also be at CCE next weekend so you won't be missing out. (thumbs u

I went today and, with the exception of Comic Book World, it was pretty weak for comics. Plenty of cheap, low grade stuff if you are into that. Next weekend should be better since Comic Book World and Dave Kapella should both be there.

CBW has great stuff but their shop is only 10 minutes away.

I had a great weekend.

I suppose if all you want out of a con is to buy high grade slabs...a show like this is not for you. Then again, you don't even need to leave the house for that (shrug)

I bought some awesome low grade bargains, and walked away with some sweet sketches from Art Adams, Tony Moore, Ryan Stegman, Mike Norton...and had an awesome time listening to the vocal stylings of Ethan Van Sciver. :roflmao:

Congrats to the Kara & Tony, hopefully this was the first of many cool shows (thumbs u

Well, I ultimately opted to do both! I ran up Saturday morning and spent a few hours there. Only spent about half of my budget for the day, which is unusual. Got some posters and assorted merch but only a small, small handful of comics.

But it turns out that the wife wants to head up to IKEA this weekend anyway, so I'll be returning to Cinci for the Expo. For what it's worth I thought the Cinci Comic Con was pretty nice, a very nice selection of talent considering the relative size of the show, but I would have liked to have seen more comics dealers. I had a good time, but I'm also looking forward to checking out the Expo this weekend!

I saw the post last night JJ, but really was too busy to respond.

In a nutshell, I can't comment on the business side, and frankly don't care to. I'm not a dealer, I'm not an Art rep...i'm just a nerd that likes comic books.

It feels like (as an outsider) there are two sides in the Cinci comic-con rivalry, I don't know if it's business related or personal (or both), but it is very obvious.

Economically I can't tell you whether either, or both shows can survive in the long run, as long as someone is doing a show with cool guests, I will go. If there are two shows next year, and CCE's artist lineup blows CCC's out of the water...I would go to CCE. (shrug)

I can't take 2 weekends off in a row, so I will not be at CCE this year. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

It's all about having fun right?