• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The new Riddler?

46 posts in this topic

I. I think Justin Timerlake is an inspired choice for the Riddler. He's put in really good performances in films like Alpha Dog, The Social Network and Friends With Benefits. And if they go for a younger (30s) version of the Riddler, I can think of few better.

I don't think the forthcoming Runner, Runner (w/ Affleck) will help, however, as it looks like it basically has the same plot as Two For the Money, which starred Matthew McConaughey and Al Pacino, and still failed.

2. I don't blame Chappelle at all. Read this Ebony article on it: http://www.ebony.com/entertainment-culture/dave-chappelle-didnt-meltdown-405#axzz2deP1vrfD

I've been to three stand-up shows in the last year and one of the main takeaways was how much of a performance's success is in how one deals with the hecklers. Hell--I actually saw Dustin Diamond (Screech)'s stand-up last month and even he endured just minimal hecking compared to what Chappelle went through.

It's a respect issue--you go to see a concert, or a comedian, shut the up and let them perform.

From what I had read Dave had decided to quit doing his show when he noticed a white crew member laughing at one of the skits they were doing and not in a way that was racially appropriate. I can understand on the one hand but at the same time he was making comedy that played off a lot of stereotypes. Such as one of my favorites featuring Chapelle playing a blind black white supremacist who when lifts his hood at a klan meeting causes a redneck's head to explode.

I loved the show personally and the Rick James and Prince skits were comedic gold.

Chappelle blows up

Dave Chappelle, who performs Sunday night at the Oddball Comedy Fest at DTE Energy Music Theatre, went ballistic at a Connecticut concert Thursday night, according to TMZ.com. The comic reportedly told the heckling audience to boo themselves before adding, “I (expletive) up when I left my show, you know why? ’Cause my show only has to be 22 minutes of television,’ ” Chappelle allegedly said. “... I could’ve read the phone book for 22 minutes and I would’ve got $50 million dollars.” He added, “I shoulda done that (expletive), but my ego wouldn’t let me. ... Tonight my contract says 25 minutes and I have 3 minutes left and when my 3 minutes is up, my (expletive) is gone.” Then he sat silently until he met the terms, TMZ added.

For 50-million a year I would stand on my head. Didn't he go on some safari and poof off the face of the earth during a meltdown? For anything near that kind of cash, these primadonnas need to put everything into perspective and realize they were just handed the world on a platter and not screw it up. Take your meds Dave!

On topic: The Green Lantern had me lose all respect for DC. How can you have that much money invested in a movie and no one at the helm realized it was a bomb. Have they every asked true fans their input on "what should we do for a movie"?

Wonder Woman would be a great movie. Then again, the Peter Principal kicks in where the execs know what the public wants. I expect to see something as silly as Rosie O'donnell cast as WW with a storyline written by someone that is speed reading the comics to throw together a storyline.

Go ask Logan about "true fans." ;)

As for GL sucking despite the money ... have you not seen the quality of the average Summer blockbuster? It's not a very high bar.