• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Upcomic Cons with the Sin City Cast Appearing?

4 posts in this topic

Missed the Sin City cast at the San Diego Comic Con due to the Con's stupid lottery ticket system preventing many fans like me from meeting the Sin City cast. confused.gif Wondering if they will make an appearance at any upcoming conventions before the movie comes out? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Missed the Sin City cast at the San Diego Comic Con due to the Con's stupid lottery ticket system preventing many fans like me from meeting the Sin City cast.

You didn't miss a thing. I was "lucky" enough to draw the wristband. There was no meet the cast. The organizers didn't want you to talk to any of the guests. All they wanted you to do was keep moving and pick up a signed poster. If you stood still for more than 10 seconds, they'd walk over and insist that you move on. Initially, they said each person could get 2 autographs per guest. Then they changed it to one and finally, they said no autographs except for the autographs on the posters they were handing out. Before actually meeting the guests, the wristband holders were jammed in the middle of the extremely massive crowd which resembled a mob scene more than anything else. I still have the posters and to be honest, they're still rolled up on my carpet as I don't really know what to do with them. I had considered throwing them away, but wanted something to show for being stuck in the middle of the sweaty crowd for almost two hours.

A classical guitarist pal of mine was in town the other day (he lives in LA) and he mentioned he had been called in by Rodriguez' company to provide some guitar playing (he was asked to make his guitar sound a bit like a ukelele) for "some black and white movie set in what looked like Vegas where someone gets beheaded and thrown in a trunk after fooling around with a girl that looked like a meter maid" (his description not mine!).

Could only be Sin City!