• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Avengers 55 - Copy C

10 posts in this topic

Ok so I am an insufficiently_thoughtful_person - Tore the back coveras I put it back in the 2 mil mylar :ohnoez:

All happened so fast, but I am an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. No need to reply to this one, it is going to charity.

Avengers55-CopyC-NewBC-idiot_zpsa4c60665.jpg

Do you know where & when that Stan quote comes from?

I'm no prophet, but I'm guessing that comic books will always be strong. I don't think anything can really beat the pure fun and pleasure of holding a magazine in your hand, reading the story on paper, being able to roll it up and put it in your pocket, reread again later, show it to a friend, carry it with you, toss it on a shelf, collect them, have a lot of magazines lined up and read them again as a series. I think young people have always loved that. I think they always will.

STAN LEE, Brandweek, May 2000

----

I think I got it from another board quoting the article but I can't find the whole text. The above was from a quick Google.

Also, that quote is a big reason why I am not a stickler for grades the way some are for my own collection.

That said, I know that others are and I respect that which is why if I sell something or I get something slabbed with the intent of keeping it and selling later, I like to make sure I am accurate.

Ok so I am an insufficiently_thoughtful_person - Tore the back coveras I put it back in the 2 mil mylar :ohnoez:

All happened so fast, but I am an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. No need to reply to this one, it is going to charity.

Oops. That the drawback of grading before looking at the other posts. Usually I'm caught grading something that's already come back from CGC.

Re: The tear. It brings a tear to my eye. I think the reason it happened so fast is that it happened too fast. I always insert slowly hm for fear of snagging a spine defect (on readers). Looks like you learned the hard way :( :( :( - but good for you for donating it :applause:

That's one of the huge drawbacks of those thick, open-topped holders. Once inside, they keep the comic very rigid, but it's difficult to get comics in and out without bending them as you force them in or snag the cover on the edge.

Changes name to "charity"......... :applause:lol