• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auctions Scam Linguini

145 posts in this topic

I am actually fuming right now, which as I'm sure most of you know isn't that hard to do.

So I bid on an auction on August 11, Alex Ross Model Sheet from Paradise X. My computer does the count down, says I win. Great, I'm happy. A minute later I get an e-mail saying I was outbid for the exact amount of my MAX bid and I didn't win the item.

wildly_fanciful_statement.

screw HA I say, I will never buy from them again.

Skip to today, I have two invoices that I havn't paid HOWEVER I get an e-mail regarding a partial payment I made, turns out on June 3 I paid for one of my invoices twice, within three minutes of each other, through paypal.

Heritage, instead of informing me of some kind of mistake, is using that overpayment as a credit on my NEW invoice.

So I phoned them and said, "no no, you guys are scam artists manipulating your auctions send me my money back" - "oh no, you have to pay a restock fee" - "what if the items sell for more at the next auction?" - "i'm going to have to transfer you"

Now I'm in paypal limbo with a payment I made twice three minutes apart from each other! Paypal told me to work it out with the dealer :frustrated:

If I was really going to have bidders remorse WHY WOULD I HAVE PAID FOR THIS?!

lf-7_zpsb3ac5d30.jpeg

I told the HA collection agent that she needs to get lube next time she trys something like this, because for a $230 overpayment I should have been notified or given 2.9 half hours.

This situation demands a video be made, Linguini.

I did just find this

photo52_zpsaebd135b.jpg

But I guess my issue is that HA thinks its ok not to tell me that they owed me a $230 credit. I also think its wildly_fanciful_statement they won't refund it and are trying to use it on an invoice that happened a month AFTER the initial payment.

Sure, sometimes I overpay for items and say "hey seller, just hold this money for next time when I get high and want to buy some stuff" :pullhair:

Why don't you just file a Paypal claim?

Its been three months. Paypal is investigating the claim. (I do think they are partially to blame for allowing me to pay the exact same amount to the exact same person only a few minutes apart). That doesn't make the situation any less wildly_fanciful_statement.

The part I don't understand is how does Heritage have the ability to withdraw from your PayPal account? Are you using a PayPal credit card? Or did you accidentally send the payment twice?

I apparently had the window open and I clicked twice or something. My fault, sure. But no one told me I overpaid, no one told me I had a positive credit, only now after telling them they manipulate their auctions do I find out I made a payment for items a month before the auction started for.

I apparently had the window open and I clicked twice or something. My fault, sure. But no one told me I overpaid, no one told me I had a positive credit, only now after telling them they manipulate their auctions do I find out I made a payment for items a month before the auction started for.

Gotcha. The way you initially explained it, I thought Heritage was directly withdrawing from your account.

Was this funded from your PayPal balance or a credit card linked to your account?

Gotcha. The way you initially explained it, I thought Heritage was directly withdrawing from your account.

Was this funded from your PayPal balance or a credit card linked to your account?

The HA invoice says credit card through paypal but the payments show up on my paypal balance. So its weird and confusing.

The HA invoice says credit card through paypal but the payments show up on my paypal balance. So its weird and confusing.

Go to your PayPal account area, click the details link for that payment amount sent to Heritage, and when the transaction details screen comes up, if it came from your credit card, at the very top of the page it should say under "type" Charge from a Credit Card.

If you aren't seeing this, then it's likely it was taken from your PayPal balance.

oh BTW I phoned Heritage and told them that if they can figure out what happened with the Alex Ross piece that had no reserve that I was outbid at the same amount of my Max Bid, than I'd pay for everything.

They said they'd get back to me and that tomorrow is the last day I can wait before they apply the restock fee.

I again asked for sexual favours.

Paypal balance. :(

You're going to have to work this out with Heritage. The passage of time factor isn't going to be to your advantage, but I personally wouldn't be happy with a "credit" if I didn't intend to do business with them in the future.

Apart from the situation, I don't understand the business wisdom of dealing with a refund by issuing credit to an unhappy customer.

It would have been nice to have been notified about your overpayment. However, don't you intend on paying for the two invoices to which you still need to address?