• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con finally a 3 day con Sept 5-7, 2014

186 posts in this topic

First time attending. Coming into town on Wednesday night and hitting Aquarium and Orioles game Thursday.

Any dining suggestions that are can't miss?

Might as well hit the Geppi Museum while you're in the area; it's right there basically adjacent to the ballpark.

Are you going to be my personal tour guide?

My dearest Greggy, it would be my absolute and personal honor to tour you around my drug infested city glorious peaceful city.

greggy falls asleep half way through everything.

our first time setting up in Baltimore as well.... not sure what to expect

I'll have my grubby paws all over your books.

sweet...just bring a coke zero for booth entrance fee (thumbs u

Miss Shirley's is always packed on weekends. And the food isn't that great. And $$$.

If you have transportation, I'd suggest Paper Moon Diner breakfast, brunch or lunch. Very eclectic atmosphere and menu. But it's about 3 miles from the inner harbor.

http://www.papermoondiner24.com/

The Rusty Scupper at the inner harbor does a fantastic Sunday brunch with live jazz, but it's pricey ($41/plate) but elegant; complimentary mimosas, bellinis, champagne and sangria.

http://www.rusty-scupper.com/

-Terry

Is there a protocol for meeting greggy in person?
Yes....introduce yourself by name and board id.

Don't just come up to me and call me by greggy or Greg and expect me to know who the hell you are.

This has happened on numerous occasions.

xoxo

greggy

I'm not saying this to be a snob, but the pricing of the Scupper does thin the crowds. You won't necessarily have a better class of people, but you will have fewer of them.

For dinner and lunch, there is an M&S Grille and across the way a full McCormick and Schmicks, as well as Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Ocean Aire, and Lebenese Taverna (if you like Mediterranean food). They are all near the Pier 6 and Marriott and Four Seasons.

If you have a car, Squire's restaurant is east of the harbor and very good Italian food. In fact, now that I think about it; little Italy (just a bit east of the harbor - several blocks walking distance) has some truly fantastic places if you don't mind leaving the view of the harbor. De Mimmo's, and Della Notte. Also, Vicarro's Italian Pastries has some great stuff.

But once again, these are all pretty pricey.

There are literally hundreds of places to eat over that way though. Hundreds that I've never even tried.

Also, Capitol Grille. Fantastic food. But once again pricey.

-Terry

Don't just come up to me and call me by greggy or Greg and expect me to know who the hell you are.

xoxo

greggy

I introduce myself to boardies with my real name and board id in quick succession. I know the drill :sumo:

xoxo

greggy

Wait, you can just walk up to the greggy now? What happened to the ticket system?