• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con finally a 3 day con Sept 5-7, 2014

186 posts in this topic

Is there a protocol for meeting greggy in person?
Yes....introduce yourself by name and board id.

Don't just come up to me and call me by greggy or Greg and expect me to know who the hell you are.

This has happened on numerous occasions.

xoxo

greggy

Wait, you can just walk up to the greggy now? What happened to the ticket system?

Fast passes.

Don't just come up to me and call me by greggy or Greg and expect me to know who the hell you are.

xoxo

greggy

Wait, you can just walk up to the greggy now? What happened to the ticket system?

Fast passes.

I was hoping to make it to Baltimore so we could glance and wave to each other from a distance again :(

xoxo

greggy

You will still need a ticket when he does autographs on Saturday.

xoxo

greggy

Fast passes.

I was hoping to make it to Baltimore so we could glance and wave to each other from a distance again :(

Chicago seemed crazy busy this year for me. Sorry we didn't get to chat.

Ok, so my Dad works shows with me and he had emergency gallbladder surgery last. I wasn't sure that I was going to be able to make the show, but he's mending nicely and it appears we're on.

Aside from a bunch of wall books and maybe a $10 box or two, I am bringing 10-12 long boxes of high grade and key/hot books. The ages will range, but the bulk of these long boxes is made up of a sweet Bronze Age collection I picked up a couple of months ago that has yet to see daylight. It contains all kinds of titles from the big 2, incuding Horror to Super-Hero from 1970-1975. The books were purchased off the stand in Detroit. The PQ is white for the most part. The keys came back graded 9.0-9.6's with white pages. A bunch of the stuff is over 9.2 and even the 8.5's 9.0's have amazing presentation. Some things in here could use a pressing and would be higher.

I will be in booth 615, but I would like to move to a corner so there is a tiny chance that may change. I am looking to buy and trade too. I pay strong prices if it's something I want :whistle:

Please at least come by and introduce yourself if we have never met!

Here is a 9.4 ToD 18 I just graded and placed in a Mylar 2.

101_6243_zps42183fd5.jpg

xoxo

greggy

I introduce myself to boardies with my real name and board id in quick succession. I know the drill :sumo:

no touching either

I'm running the big show booth. We will have books that I guarantee you have never ever seen before. The Gerber 10 of Gerber 10s.

I've been doing shows for a loooooooooong time, and there are things we have that make me go "wow."

I'm running the big show booth. We will have books that I guarantee you have never ever seen before. The Gerber 10 of Gerber 10s.

I've been doing shows for a loooooooooong time, and there are things we have that make me go "wow."

:whee: any precode horror?

:whee: any precode horror?

yep.

Making my first trip to this Con. What booth number are you? Definitely will stop by.

Ed

I don't know the booth number - Cards, Comics, and Collectibles...the 20x60 anchor island you will be looking at when you come in the door.