• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con finally a 3 day con Sept 5-7, 2014

186 posts in this topic

Girlfriend called me at 6am this morning;

"Hey. There's some kind of comic convention going on downtown. You should go to that!"

Me (Who had the night before been contemplating whether to play the 'I need to work on my car this weekend' excuse or the 'I'm really feeling under the weather' excuse): "Um....yeah. Really? A convention for comics you say?! There is such a thing? Maybe I should check that out!"

:tonofbricks:

-Terry

I went today. It was my first comic convention - I've done sci fi and anime before, but not comics :) I had a lot of fun, and met several great people. I'm happy I went, and want to thank everyone who was patient with me and gave advice or shared information with me :) I am sure most of my questions today were fairly newb-ish, but everyone I spoke with was patient, and happy to talk.

I sold a few of my books, and found a title I was unaware existed and picked up a few issues myself. Overall, a fun day!

Thanks again!

Best buying show I've been to and I haven't really worked hard

I can only picture the words "hard" and " work" relating to Greggy something like this: "it is really hard to get Greggy to work" :o

Sales were brisk for us today at booth 508/608. Fat stacks of BA-MA table books flying out at $2each or 3/$5. Come on by to shop, sell your books or just to say hi ;)

You had a lot of traffic hm I wonder why?

I'm having a great time. I've needed to hang out at my booth most of the time (mainly because my dad has little to no knowledge of comics lol, even though he looks pro in the pics below) , but I have had decent sales, have given some good deals, received some good deals, caught up with old friends and have been able to meet and converse with several boardies that I have known for years online but have never met in person until this weekend.

All in all, good times. I'm in booth #615 near Earl Shaw and Mr. Weekend's Posters. Come at least say hi tomorrow and if you are looking for a good deal on a particular book (s) , come see me.

photo-32_zpsf46ae46b.jpg

Sales were brisk for us today at booth 508/608. Fat stacks of BA-MA table books flying out at $2each or 3/$5. Come on by to shop, sell your books or just to say hi ;)

You had a lot of traffic hm I wonder why?

Ok, Joe. The girls didnt hurt businesss.... :devil:

I had a good time at the show, wish I was there earlier to shop. Friday was almost surreal in how easy it was to walk around and navigate the show. Any future Baltimore trip for me will always include Friday, I couldn't remember the last time it was so easy. It was fun seeing my fellow East Coast boardies and of course the guest list was superb. Hope y'all have fun today, I have to head back already to the land of Cali. :)

We had our best show yet with Signature Series! From what I can remember, we got sigs and/or remarks from the following creators:

Starlin

Raney

Rubenstein

Perez

Laroque

W Simonson

L Simonson

Denny Oneill

Milgrom

Palmer

Trimpe

Ennis

Case

Capullo

Waid

Golden

Zeck

McLeod

Stelfreeze

Powell

Root

Matt Wagner

A LOT of very cool books to offer for sale in the coming months, very excited!!! :banana:

Crazy awesome weekend, to everyone I saw, thanks for making it a good one. My bad luck streak at comic con has finally been broken. Huzzah! Pictures to come later.

Oh and if you didn't get any cookies, there's always next con.