• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con finally a 3 day con Sept 5-7, 2014

186 posts in this topic

I have a question for anyone that has been there before.

If I want to visit Geppi's Entertainment Museum while I am in Baltomore, how much time should I plan on spending there if I want to see most of it?

Thanks in advance.

I ebb and flow in my collecting interests, but I am a bronze boy at heart. The artists of that era were really doing some spectacular work. It will be a little painful to part with some of the books I'm processing.

Here is a cool Cardy horror cover, a Buckler/Sinnott Thing vs. Hulk and a Kane bronze age owl cover :D

photo3-2_zpsfc3e6049.jpg

photo1-2_zpsa0e59d20.jpg

photo4-1_zps880bbcca.jpg

I am only going to be able to come on Saturday but I would really like to stop by and say hello to all of you. To help me keep track of who is who and where I am trying to make a "visit list", so far here is what I have.

G.A.Tor Booth 1104-1105

Nikelspot Booth 615

FlyingDonut Booth 918-1218

If any other dealers are setting up please let me know so I can add them to the list, I am sure there are other boardies who would love to say hi as well, maybe we could start doing this for all of the big Cons? Looking forward to spending some money with you all!

This will be our first year setting up! We have heard so many things about this being one of the true comic collector cons left and wanted to experience it for ourselves.

In anticipation we are preparing over 8 boxes of never before offered Golden-Age comics that we have acquired in the last 4 months. These new offerings include:

-Tons of Pre-Code Horror

-Lots and lots of ATLAS horror (you really need to check us first if you are collecting these titles!)

-early ARCHIES

-CENTAURS

-NEDORS

-FANTASTIC COMICS #1-16

-CIRCUS THE COMICS RIOT #1-3

-JOKER COMICS #1-30 (almost complete)

-WEIRD TALES OF THE FUTURE #2-3

-ACTION #28

-ALL-AMERICAN #1

-AMAZING MYSTERY FUNNIES V.2 #12 (First Space Patrol)

-JINGLE JANGLE #1-42

-PHANTOM STRANGER #1

-MAJOR VICTORY #1-3

-PHANTOM FEATURE BOOK #53

-SILVER STREAK comics

-FIGHT and PLANET comics in the single digits

-SPACE WESTERN COMICS

-HIT #5

-COMEDY #9

-and lots more

This is in addition to the thousands of SILVER (X-Men #1, FF #1, Avengers #1-4, etc.), BRONZE and MODERN comics we will bringing.

We will be at booths 1106 and 1206. Please stop by, say hello, and check out our unique selection!

This will be our first year setting up! We have heard so many things about this being one of the true comic collector cons left and wanted to experience it for ourselves.

In anticipation we are preparing over 8 boxes of never before offered Golden-Age comics that we have acquired in the last 4 months. These new offerings include:

-Tons of Pre-Code Horror

-Lots and lots of ATLAS horror (you really need to check us first if you are collecting these titles!)

-early ARCHIES

-CENTAURS

-NEDORS

-FANTASTIC COMICS #1-16

-ACTION #28

-ALL-AMERICAN #1

-JINGLE JANGLE #1-42

-PHANTOM STRANGER #1

-MAJOR VICTORY #1-3

-SILVER STREAK comics

-SPACE WESTERN COMICS

-HIT #5

-COMEDY #9

-and lots more

This is in addition to the thousands of SILVER (X-Men #1, FF #1, Avengers #1-4, etc.), BRONZE and MODERN comics we will bringing.

We will be at booths 1106 and 1206. Please stop by, say hello, and check out our unique selection!

we are set up right next to each other...what centaurs????

-Tons of Pre-Code Horror

-early ARCHIES

-CENTAURS

-NEDORS

-FANTASTIC COMICS #1-16

-ACTION #28

-ALL-AMERICAN #1

-JINGLE JANGLE #1-42

-PHANTOM STRANGER #1

-MAJOR VICTORY #1-3

-SILVER STREAK comics

-SPACE WESTERN COMICS

-HIT #5

-COMEDY #9

-and lots more

we are set up right next to each other...what centaurs????

AMAZING MYSTERY FUNNIES V.2 #12 and #19 are the ones I will have for sure. I'll have to check my other boxes to see if I have others that will make the trip.

I have a question for anyone that has been there before.

If I want to visit Geppi's Entertainment Museum while I am in Baltomore, how much time should I plan on spending there if I want to see most of it?

Thanks in advance.

Depends on how much you're interested in non-comic stuff. You can probably get through the comics in about an hour, and then about that much more with the toys, sci-fi, "pop culture" stuff.

I went last year and was a bit disappointed that none of the comics had any real context or explanation. I gave a pretty good tour to my wife, because I could explain the larger historical significance of Youngblood 1, Hulk 102, and House of Secrets 92 to the larger comics world.

Joey thinks he knows last minute.

Amateur. Van rented and packed, hotel reservations made, 1600 Toon Tumblers made and shipped, flight home for Sat. booked, all within the last 48 hrs.

One last piece of the puzzle needed--anyone interested in working on Sat.? Perks include pay and a pass. LMK.

Joey thinks he knows last minute.

Amateur. Van rented and packed, hotel reservations made, 1600 Toon Tumblers made and shipped, flight home for Sat. booked, all within the last 48 hrs.

One last piece of the puzzle needed--anyone interested in working on Sat.? Perks include pay and a pass. LMK.

Neither of you know last minute. I'm running a multi-billion dollar proposal at The Real Job. I'll pack up my stuff to take to the show Friday morning at about 5 AM.