• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper Age on the forum
1 1

356 posts in this topic

Hungarian Batman 423 printed in Budapest.

By far my favorite foreign copper and the most difficult to get

Later i will post my entire set collection when it is complete.

2013-06-26_22-57-29_396_zpsffbf6df0.jpg

2013-06-26_22-57-12_872_zps25dd22f4.jpg

You need to get that book signed at the next McFarlane signing....

Hungarian Batman 423 printed in Budapest.

By far my favorite foreign copper and the most difficult to get

Later i will post my entire set collection when it is complete.

2013-06-26_22-57-29_396_zpsffbf6df0.jpg

2013-06-26_22-57-12_872_zps25dd22f4.jpg

You need to get that book signed at the next McFarlane signing....

Thanks!!! i have a whole bunch of zero cgc'ed Todd McFarlane books so i have to be choosy of what i submit....

but you are right im thinking this hungarian will be becasue it is so unusual looking.

My friends Hector, Tim. Liam, and Matt all have some mind blowing key books that majority of the forum has never seen. They are hella fun to collect and build unique one off collections

Nice!

:applause:

How HA describes All-Star Squadron #47.

Todd McFarlane - Original Art for All-Star Squadron #47, page 3 (DC, 1985). "The Secret Origin of Dr. Fate" is detailed in this issue of the fan-favorite series. Toy mogul McFarlane was just cutting his teeth in comics when Roy Thomas hired him to replace Jerry Ordway on the series. This page foreshadows the mirrored layouts that McF used in the followup series Infinity, Inc., with nice profile shots of Doc Fate. A great early page by one of the 500-pound gorillas of comics. 11" x 16.5" in excellent condition.

All-Star Squadron 47 OA

Anyone remember these from Toys R Us - comics and card packs. It says 2 comics but I can see 3 in there. I have no idea what the middle comic is - these are in a hard plastic shell so I can't peek. the back one is a bagged copy of X-Force Annual #2.

20130926_184317_zpse169a2ab.jpg

20130926_184335_zpse2ea6fc4.jpg

This seems to be a fairly tough book in this grade. Not sure if this is Todd McFarlane's first cover work, but certainly an early one. I was really psyched to grab this from World Wide this week for a very low price.

0709130701431.jpg

I would love to get Roy Thomas & Todd Mcfarlane signatures on this book and still get a 9.8 CGC White pages.

This seems to be a fairly tough book in this grade. Not sure if this is Todd McFarlane's first cover work, but certainly an early one. I was really psyched to grab this from World Wide this week for a very low price.

0709130701431.jpg

I would love to get Roy Thomas & Todd Mcfarlane signatures on this book and still get a 9.8 CGC White pages.

hm...I should look into doing this very thing....

anybody know a link or info regarding the Copper Hulk 377 print runs of 1st-3rd printings? im curious of the print runs between the 3 books

thanks in advance :)

The thread is called "The Law of Unintended Consequences" or something like that. It is chock full of all kinds of info on all the printings.