• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First appearance of the Smurfs.

50 posts in this topic

I'd like to submit to CGC, it's a magazine so I dont think there will be any problem grading this.

But I'd like to be sure that the label mention this book is the first appearance of the Smurfs. Since there is no graded copies on the census, what I have to do to prove that this is the first appearance? Or CGC will simply trust my word?

I will bump this thread because I found out there are two versions of Spirou 1071 and 1072.

Version A is the belgian edition. You can see the country name on the cover and the back cover has a coupon un the bottom left

Version B is the french edition. Again, the country name appears on the cover and there is no coupon on back cover.

I checked the interiors and each edition has his own advertisement.

Version A

Spirou1071Belgique1_zps375363c1.jpg

Spirou1071Belgique2_zps56be8fc1.jpg

Spirou1072Belgique3_zps7a501e94.jpg

Version B

Spirou1071A_zps73a210de.jpeg

CCF06022014_00001_zpsc31494df.jpg

Edited by marmat

I will bump this thread because I found out there are two versions of Spirou 1071 and 1072.

Version A is the belgian edition. You can see the country name on the cover and the back cover has a coupon un the bottom left

Version A

Spirou1071Belgique1_zps375363c1.jpg

Spirou1071Belgique2_zps56be8fc1.jpg

Spirou1072Belgique3_zps7a501e94.jpg

nice, I've already got plans to start hunting for this once I move to Brussels in June!

There’s a nice set on the current comiclink auction(not my book).  I’ve been collecting the smurfs 1982 marvel set.  Cool covers on that set and they are cheap but that set came out 25 years after their 1st appearance.  Surprising I had one well known dealer on this boards not know what Spirou 1071/1072 were(not a bad thing but more indicative of the lack of a market for it). Do most dealers know about them? Maybe since there isn’t much demand at cons therefore it’s irrelevant all these years?  Also since it’s not from the USA it’s unlikely to be in any original owner collection.  I’ve seen the character Peewit since my cousins collected the spirou issues back in the late 70s

171A81C0-B9B4-47E3-AB6E-8E1AC26234DD.jpeg

Edited by Spiderturtle