• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,096 posts in this topic

did you guys read all the recent stuff about hw Affleck brought in Goyer to do a total rewrite, and that now its an Affleck/Goyer pic?

Not Goyer - Argo writer Chris Terrio. It was posted a few pages back, and seems like a smart move to better the -script before shooting.

yeah he was brought in to make sure the -script Flo good and i think the -script is huge which why we hear so much about BvS and JL filming back to back.

thanx guys. Im not up on who's who, only that Affleck has taken some measure of control of the film. Im not big on Affleck, but didn't think casting him as Batman was the end of the world, but Im not sold on his filmmaking skills. Yes he won Best Picture, but in a conflicted race last year, I believe he slipped thru. I found Argo to be almost insulting at the end with all the last second airport tension that NEVER HAPPENED! It was a true story, why give and in to punch up the narrative for dramatic effect for the movie? The real story was cool snuff even though they skipped out of Iran uneventfully.

So Im not seeing how Afs Oscar -winning film experience helps him in crafting a superhero flick.

But, hopefully it won't matter so long as the collective wisdom on the films makes all the right moves.

did you guys read all the recent stuff about hw Affleck brought in Goyer to do a total rewrite, and that now its an Affleck/Goyer pic?

Not Goyer - Argo writer Chris Terrio. It was posted a few pages back, and seems like a smart move to better the -script before shooting.

yeah he was brought in to make sure the -script Flo good and i think the -script is huge which why we hear so much about BvS and JL filming back to back.

thanx guys. Im not up on who's who, only that Affleck has taken some measure of control of the film. Im not big on Affleck, but didn't think casting him as Batman was the end of the world, but Im not sold on his filmmaking skills. Yes he won Best Picture, but in a conflicted race last year, I believe he slipped thru. I found Argo to be almost insulting at the end with all the last second airport tension that NEVER HAPPENED! It was a true story, why give and in to punch up the narrative for dramatic effect for the movie? The real story was cool snuff even though they skipped out of Iran uneventfully.

So Im not seeing how Afs Oscar -winning film experience helps him in crafting a superhero flick.

But, hopefully it won't matter so long as the collective wisdom on the films makes all the right moves.

Based upon the casting decisions, I'd venture to say that the "collective wisdom" of this group for this film is non existent thus far.

Based upon the casting decisions, I'd venture to say that the "collective wisdom" of this group for this film is non existent thus far.

what make you think that?

Zack Snyder Keeps Connecting Batman Vs. Superman And The Dark Knight Returns

Part of that new franchise-building is sure to involve a Mr. Ben Affleck, who Snyder sees as his ideal Batman. He tells the magazine:

"Ben brings an interesting counterweight to the performance of Henry in the role of Superman. He has the experience necessary to paint the picture of an older and more advised man than Clark Kent, who bears the scars of a seasoned vigilante while retaining the charm that Bruce Wayne deploys when present in the world."

The main takeaway from this quote is that Affleck will be playing Bruce Wayne a significant amount, and that while Batman might be older and "seasoned," his Bruce Wayne will still be an attractive, possibly romantic figure. This seems obvious, considering that Affleck is expected to suit up as Batman for multiple films, the ties to The Dark Knight Returns suggests the new film will have a finality to it.

Tom Hanks was considered for Lex Luthor role

:o

In a THR column explaining why Warner went younger with Lex, Borys Kit and Tatiana Siegel confirm earlier reports that Adam Driver (of Girls) and Joaquin Phoenix had been in the mix for the Luthor role. Driver, who we initially thought was up for Nightwing, had a conflict that kept him out of Snyder’s movie, while Phoenix – according to THR – simply passed.

Meanwhile, at one point, THR says the studio thought about going with a veteran actor to play Luthor, and the name on the studio’s wish list wasn’t Bryan Cranston (who was never approached, according to this article). It was Tom Hanks. The Oscar winner’s name reportedly was "discussed internally," though nothing came of it.

Tom Hanks was considered for Lex Luthor role

:o

In a THR column explaining why Warner went younger with Lex, Borys Kit and Tatiana Siegel confirm earlier reports that Adam Driver (of Girls) and Joaquin Phoenix had been in the mix for the Luthor role. Driver, who we initially thought was up for Nightwing, had a conflict that kept him out of Snyder’s movie, while Phoenix – according to THR – simply passed.

Meanwhile, at one point, THR says the studio thought about going with a veteran actor to play Luthor, and the name on the studio’s wish list wasn’t Bryan Cranston (who was never approached, according to this article). It was Tom Hanks. The Oscar winner’s name reportedly was "discussed internally," though nothing came of it.

Tom Hanks as LEX LUTHOR!?...what the hell is wrong with WB? :facepalm:

'Face Off' judge working on Batman vs Superman

“There’s a project that is close to me that I was going to direct and I said, ‘I need to do this,’” reveals Tatopoulos, who also helmed Underworld: Rise of the Lycons (2009). “Working with Zack again was important to me because he’s an amazing director with an incredible vision. Batman and Superman is something I’ve always wanted to do. I would have chosen one or both. I got the offer and jumped on it.”

I didn't realize how many productions he has worked on (Pitch Black, Underworld, I, Robot, The Chronicles of Riddick, Independence Day, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Stargate, Spawn, Godzilla, Stuart Little, I Am Legend, 10,000 BC, and Live Free or Die Hard).

Yeah his done a lot of work

No wonder why when they would do the judge introduction for each episode, the would rattle his contributions off so rapidly. There are so many of them, a quarter of the show would be his credits.

lol

Yeah his done a lot of work

No wonder why when they would do the judge introduction for each episode, the would rattle his contributions off so rapidly. There are so many of them, a quarter of the show would be his credits.

lol

their need to take mid-credit commercials just for him