• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2022 at 9:52 AM, media_junkie said:

I enjoyed Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne.

Even the interaction with a somewhat frustrated Alfred was really good.

Alfred wanting so much more for Bruce, but also recognizing Batman has consumed Bruce's goals in life even more than family and a happy future.

On 10/11/2022 at 12:20 PM, NoMan said:

Poor Larry Fong. Probably the first time someone has spoke to him that way. I hope he’ll be ok. Hope he can still stay/get into ASC. Still get his kit rental. 

You mean how supposed fans went after the film, Zack Snyder and then his filming crew?

‘Batman v Superman’ Cinematographer Defends The Superhero Team-Up And Director Zack Snyder

Recently, ‘Batman v Superman’s’ cinematographer, Larry Fong, spoke about the film’s negative reviews, defending Snyder in the process.

“Everyone has their opinion,” Fong explained on the podcast ComicBook Debate. “Does everyone have to love the movie? Of course not…visually I feel like me and my crew killed it, so when you hear things about it, it kind of hurts. To be honest the weirdest thing… I’ve never really talked about this. But the weirdest thing, and this has happened a lot, I’ll have a stranger come up and say, ‘’Batman v Superman’ really sucked…but don’t worry, what you did was great. It looked really good. It wasn’t your fault.’”

“And I listened to that for a while and was like, ‘Okay, well thanks.’ But then the more I thought about it I thought I’m not going to accept that. Because everyone’s working towards a common goal, right? And Zack’s my brother, I’m not gonna go ‘Yeah!’ you know, ‘He did a horrible job…but I didn’t! I just did my job! That’s right!’ I don’t accept that. If you make a baby together you’re proud of that baby. You can’t divide that up,” he continued.

Fong has worked with Snyder on the majority of his filmography, including “300,” “Watchmen,” and “Sucker Punch,” so, naturally, he and Snyder have grown quite close over past 12 years since “300.” 

People had garbage takes on this movie because it didn't fit their MCU approach to superhero films (joking during action scenes). Then you had WB early on tampering cutting out a relevant 30 minutes that later turned out to be quite impactful to the moviegoer's experience.

Edited by Bosco685

On 10/11/2022 at 12:44 PM, Bosco685 said:

You mean how supposed fans went after the film, Zack Snyder and then his filming crew?

‘Batman v Superman’ Cinematographer Defends The Superhero Team-Up And Director Zack Snyder

People had garbage takes on this movie because it didn't fit their MCU approach to superhero films (joking during action scenes). Then you had WB early on tampering cutting out a relevant 30 minutes that later turned out to be quite impactful to the moviegoer's experience.

I’m just saying it’s funny how someone spoke to Fong. Just flat out telling him what he/she(the twitter person) thought without fear of reprisals. Most cinematographers are premadonnas (sp?) and need to be smacked down to earth a bit. 

I don’t know anything of the controversy nor do I care. I saw the movie on an airplane and it did indeed suck. Seeing it bigger in imax would only make it suck bigger. 

On 10/11/2022 at 12:51 PM, NoMan said:

I’m just saying it’s funny how someone spoke to Fong. Just flat out telling him what he/she(the twitter person) thought without fear of reprisals. Most cinematographers are premadonnas (sp?) and need to be smacked down to earth a bit. 

I don’t know anything of the controversy nor do I care. I saw the movie on an airplane and it did indeed suck. Seeing it bigger in imax would only make it suck bigger

thats-sweet-saturday-night-live.gif.7c6c8e4eb888eb5b3e31b5fe9df87b08.gif

:baiting:

On 5/3/2023 at 5:27 PM, media_junkie said:

I think I will end up going to my grave wondering why Zach Snyder gets so much hate.  Every interview I have seen or heard with him, and every actor/actress and support person that has worked with him has nothing but good things to say.  I just don't get it.

It's projection of self-hatred for being close-minded while being media-illiterate.

On 5/4/2023 at 7:49 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Media illiterate?

Please explain

When people forget that movies are motion pictures, for example, and that "style" is often substance itself. Or when someone cannot differentiate between a director, a writer, and an editor. Or criticizing a lack of subtlety despite missing all of the subtlety.

If someone hates a person they don't know simply for making movies they didn't like, there's something mentally wrong there.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus
Typo.

Hel, I'm looking at reviews of the 300 HC. Look at this dumb one:

An excellent dark satire with lessons relevant to a modern audience, which is surely why Miller wrote in the first place. Such a shame what snyder did to it, stripping it of all that makes it compelling and adding elements that thoroughly miss the entire point.

Notice anything that every hater regurgitates, despite the widespread agreement that Snyder adapted the series on-point?

I always find it funny that the short reviews stoop low without quantification, while the multi-paragraph reviews touch on how well-done and faithful the material is.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus