• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guess the grade - revealed

27 posts in this topic

I had the book in hand for several months, look it at when I got it, when the ultron craze hit, when I scanned it, when I submitted it and even now I have no idea what creases they are talking about.

regardless I'm going to have it pressed and resubmitted.

here are the grader notes

Right Top Whole Book Crease

Left Bottom Whole Book Bend

Right Bottom Interior Bend Breaks Color

Spine Multiple Bend Breaks Color

Center Back Cover Fingerprints

Am I missing something on that book? I don't see those creases from the scan...

I think I can see the "Left Bottom Whole Book Bend".

If you look at the original scans, on the back cover bottom-right, there is some creasing through/near the green coupon. And more closer to the corner. Flipping that to the front scan it's harder to detect, but it might be a crease through the Panther's elbow.

I see it now, it's in Hawkeye's right leg. Damn!

here are the grader notes

Right Top Whole Book Crease

Left Bottom Whole Book Bend

Right Bottom Interior Bend Breaks Color

Spine Multiple Bend Breaks Color

Center Back Cover Fingerprints

Am I missing something on that book? I don't see those creases from the scan...

I think I can see the "Left Bottom Whole Book Bend".

If you look at the original scans, on the back cover bottom-right, there is some creasing through/near the green coupon. And more closer to the corner. Flipping that to the front scan it's harder to detect, but it might be a crease through the Panther's elbow.

I see it now, it's in Hawkeye's right leg. Damn!

Guess I was a little low on the front cover; easier (once you know it's there, of course) to see on the back.

Still a very nice looking book for what it's worth.

Does a cleaning get rid of fingerprints or are they there forever?

I got back some of my grades for some books I've posted on here - added 2 new books at the bottom

AVENGERS 55

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=307983&Number=6896196#Post6896196

:o

I thought this book looked better than Junkdrawer's and they got a 7.0? There must be something more going on with this book than we can see by scans.

Of course that is why grading a scan is not always reliable! So they say...

doh!

I see from the thread you plan to press, clean and resubmit. I hope it comes back at least 8.0. Good luck and keep us posted!

(thumbs u