• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Silver Surfer 4

13 posts in this topic

This one is difficult. The book looks really good but there are some issues that I can see. The staple popping through the front cover near Thor's cape being the biggest culprit. For a square bound book the spine looks fabulous. I would guess 7.0 to 7.5 IMHO.

I agree with Jaylam, would be better if not for what appears as a stain/tanning and minor wear on the BC. I’m not worried about the staple pushing the cover, as I think it mostly can be considered production related.

I wasn't sure if the staple pushing through the front cover was considered production related or not. However even if it is my feeling was that there is still too many impact damages along the RHS of the front cover as well as at least five (5) that I can count, colour breaking impacts on the front cover. Surely this would prevent a grade above 7.5 don't you think? Again from a scan it is hard to tell and not reliable but that IMHO. meh

You are right, but damage is a lot more bound to happen on squarebounds books covers, because of their manufacturing process, so it’s often hard to tell.

The scan is too small, but this copy is perfectly centered (harder to happen with the squarebounds) and wear looks minimal, so only bigger scans could help to determine if it falls fully in VF territory or not. :)

You are right, but damage is a lot more bound to happen on squarebounds books covers, because of their manufacturing process, so it’s often hard to tell.

The scan is too small, but this copy is perfectly centered (harder to happen with the squarebounds) and wear looks minimal, so only bigger scans could help to determine if it falls fully in VF territory or not. :)

Did you click on the picture to open up the large scan? :whistle:

Oh, darn! doh!

Thank you, now I got it – I just clicked once. (thumbs u

Yes, I agree with a 7.5 given there is also a TRC crease and some dirt/wear on the spine area – but a VERY nice 7.5, if so.

(thumbs u

Looking forward to seeing some more of your books soon!

Oh, darn! doh!

Thank you, now I got it – I just clicked once. (thumbs u

Yes, I agree with a 7.5 given there is also a TRC crease and some dirt/wear on the spine area – but a VERY nice 7.5, if so.

(thumbs u

Looking forward to seeing some more of your books soon!

I just posted one! :insane: