• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sex Criminals - Image

292 posts in this topic

BTW this is all fun and games.

But it's not good for the hobby. This is borderline Sports Cards type gambling though one or two of these are fine. But if the big two start this, :sorry:

Very well said Awax, I felt That way buying two of the skybound boxes knowing one was more than enough as I just wanted a set in hopes of scoring a ticket but buyin two to increase my chances was a tsk tsk on my part. That's just me though. Luckily I dont feel the big two need to do something such as this to bump sales. They (Marvel) just dumps the series and starts over.

I bought 3 skybound boxes in hopes of a BW set or better. all color. oh well.

In total, I've bought 8 of this sex criminals XXX cover, in hopes of getting one 9.8 worthy, and I think 3 regulars. If one happens to be a sketch - icing on the cake. I'm thinking 9.8 may be difficult since polybags like to get tossed around.

Seriously guys.. when you see this cover (for those that haven't), you're going to wonder WTF??... then say WTF!!!..

And putting it in a slab will be gloriously ridickulous*.

*intentional misspelling

green... but i wonder if i gave it to him at a con and had him add to it while being witnessed if they would give me a yellow?

I was told by one of the witnesses in May that it is no longer allowed. It won't come back yellow.

Sex Criminals #11 - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory gets sexy: http://zdarsky.tumblr.com/post/120639168971/mattfractionblog-every-copy-of-sex-criminals

Why are all the sketches that people are opening way different from what they posted on Tumblr? The size of the frame is so much smaller on the ones people posted.

I'm thinking they ran into a problem with the 1st run & redid it.

The new ones all feature *ahem* "economy of line.

Heard they're giving 1st run sketches out at shows...

The NEW sketches are all gestural pics.

Checked 1st of 3 copies (so far), no sketch just a big dent :facepalm:

1st you have to get through the pink polybag and then the black(but you can see through the black), board is included.

C7CFCD12-792F-4CE7-B7D6-76801CFE5231.jpg

I "made" my own NO SKETCH variant;

88911379-75A4-4E28-8FFF-4BDB3C383BC3.jpg

But it's not good for the hobby. This is borderline Sports Cards type gambling though one or two of these are fine. But if the big two start this, :sorry:

Awax, I'd agree with you except for one thing: The retail price has not changed at all. In fact, it's $.70 cheaper than the variant edition. If the retail was higher priced, like $10+ or something than I'd agree. But for now, this is extra content/value added to it, so therefore, I believe it's a nice gimmick that works.

The only thing you're gambling with for your $3.99 is whether the story is any good or not.

Generally I dislike promotions like this, but this seems like something genuinely fun for a fun title.

Awax, I'd agree with you except for one thing: The retail price has not changed at all. In fact, it's $.70 cheaper than the variant edition. If the retail was higher priced, like $10+ or something than I'd agree. But for now, this is extra content/value added to it, so therefore, I believe it's a nice gimmick that works.

The only thing you're gambling with for your $3.99 is whether the story is any good or not.

$1.19 cheaper. Regular edition is 3.50

$1.19 cheaper. Regular edition is 3.50

Have fun everyone