• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four #67 (Copy C)

9 posts in this topic

One of the nicest I have, recently picked at full price from a dealer – but the interiors are printed worse than the other two so at some point I will sell this one, I think.

Your contribution is as always much appreciated! (thumbs u

H8d6dhhh.jpg

High res: http://i.imgur.com/H8d6dhh.jpg

9q7w3STh.jpg

High res: http://i.imgur.com/9q7w3ST.jpg

This is a nice book! My guess on this one is 9.0 to 9.2. There are a couple of spine stress with colour breaks and some blunted corners, but overall this is a fantastic copy. Of course you did mention about interior page issues and without knowing what they are my grade would be based on no hidden defects on these pages. :grin:

Thanks both! (thumbs u

No, I wasn’t speaking of defects, it’s just that early SA Marvels aren’t so well printed. They have also poor ink coverage of certain inks (in this case Black, which is the worst) or inversely some plates which are too charged (another copy has too much Cyan, and in some cases the art is less enjoyable) – or they happen to have out-of-register color plates in some cases more marked than in others.

These are not defects taken into account when grading, but they matter to me at the same level. :)

It‘s also perfectly centered! :D

I agree! It is perfectly centred and the eye appeal of this copy is great. I think the blunted corners and spine stresses keep this copy from grading above 9.2 whereas your other copy, though not centred has less visible defects that may allow it to grade higher IMHO! But both books are.... ^^ 's

I have a deslabbed 9.2 which I can’t find right now, and it looks better than these two, but I think it was very tightly graded.

These two have wear, but I assure you that in hand they look similar. This copy was purchased from a dealer as a VFNM, while "Copy B" was ungraded and advertised in the VF range. You are right on both, but "B" has top wear due to the cover overhang, so I doubt it would grade higher.

Now I’d love to hear other evaluations, as it becomes more and more subtle… but of course it also depends on the defects you are most annoyed by. Grading is not "an exact science", and one should take this into account when pricing. (thumbs u