• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Amazing Spider-Man 300 (Updated Scans)

17 posts in this topic

One thing about scanning is that spine ticks tend to show up as colour breaks because of the scanner light. Sometimes it would be best to point out that the spine ticks that appear as colour breaks are not (if they really aren't) so that we can provide a more "IMHO grade" :D

If the colour breaks actually are apparent it is best to point that out too! We are after all working with a scanned document and not the real thing. So any information you can give with the description of the book helps! ;)

I'm starting to sound like I'm not a newbie anymore! :acclaim:

One thing about scanning is that spine ticks tend to show up as colour breaks because of the scanner light. Sometimes it would be best to point out that the spine ticks that appear as colour breaks are not (if they really aren't) so that we can provide a more "IMHO grade" :D

If the colour breaks actually are apparent it is best to point that out too! We are after all working with a scanned document and not the real thing. So any information you can give with the description of the book helps! ;)

I'm starting to sound like I'm not a newbie anymore! :acclaim:

Oh, you're absolutely right. Most of what is seen is color flecking. There are some spine stresses, which break color.

Thank you to everyone for the input so far. Pete, the spine of the BC is definitely nicer in hand.

Thanks for saying that...

Maybe it's then closer to a 9.4? I can see one that's a color breaking tick for sure, and I'll guess the rest can be pressed out....

Also, I looked at the front cover again. Around the top right of the cover, it looks like there are some minor bends in the cover.

If you count the "300"'s it would be at the top and bottom of the 3rd one from the top.

Is that real or an artifact from the scan as well?

Maybe it's then closer to a 9.4? I can see one that's a color breaking tick for sure, and I'll guess the rest can be pressed out....

Also, I looked at the front cover again. Around the top right of the cover, it looks like there are some minor bends in the cover.

If you count the "300"'s it would be at the top and bottom of the 3rd one from the top.

I think what is causing that effect is the slight spine roll present. It doesn't break any color or cause any crease, but distorts the scan

Thank you to everyone for the input so far. Pete, the spine of the BC is definitely nicer in hand.

Hey Pete I was trying to understand what it was you're pointing out. You said "minor bends" or did you mean "minor chipping"? I tried enlarging the scan but it just got all fuzzy? doh!

Tim

Tim,

The scans on the thread are large. Try ctrl-+ the zoom is Better

Hi Rex, I copied your scan and enlarged it on my viewer but it's the same results! My scanner is set at 1200 DPI so I get very large scans that are very precise. The staples are usually the size of my computer screen!

I'm gettin' old!! :sorry:

So is there a bend in the cover or a chip? :popcorn:

Hey Pete I was trying to understand what it was you're pointing out. You said "minor bends" or did you mean "minor chipping"? I tried enlarging the scan but it just got all fuzzy? doh!

Tim

Yes, chipping.

Sorry, ill on codeine so not using words so well =)

Tim

Yes, chipping.

Sorry, ill on codeine so not using words so well =)

I agree with you there! It looks like chipping in several spots! ;)

:sick: Hope you get better soon!