• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Secret Wars 8

14 posts in this topic

Secret Wars #8 first copy I would guess 8.5 to 9.0 with the impact damage on the back top cover preventing it from reaching 9.2, but a real nice copy!

Secret Wars #8 second copy I would guess 9.2 to 9.4. I'm not seeing the impact damage here. For a second I thought this was the same copy - just pressed, but after careful review I see it is not.

The scans, although bigger than previous scans, are still quite small to be able to provide better input. Bot are beautiful copies BTW! (thumbs u

Thank you, very much timern! I just don't like to make them too big because then I get "I can't see these on my iPhone or iPad!" I appreciate your descriptive feedback. :)

You're very welcome for the feedback, just remember we're only looking at scans so if you're able to provide some description of the book in your hands it helps when we're reviewing the scans. Don't be afraid to check out some of the other posts and give it a shot yourself! ;)

You can make links to larger scans from what I have come across on the boards, but for me to tell you how to do it??? Maybe ask vaillant, he's vey good with the computer! Hope he sees this! :grin:

Thank you, very much timern! I just don't like to make them too big because then I get "I can't see these on my iPhone or iPad!" I appreciate your descriptive feedback. :)

By using Photobucket you can provide the small ones, and the larger ones will be nonetheless accessible from the site.

If one is using imgur (like me), you can always provide the standard size (h) and give a link to the original large sized file. :)

Anyone else on this one?

Why is it so hard to get someone's opinions on some of these books? :cry:

It's not like were gonna hold them to it :insane:

But I do find more people like to look and grade the older books and books that are not in the NM or NM+ categories :gossip:

Me I'll try and grade anything that has a decent scan :popcorn:

Personally, I am put off by two things:

– more than a book per thread (I saw two and ran away! :D )

– books that I have absolutely no interest whatsover in (mostly DCs), and I know this is not nice so I’ll have to be fair and try to grade some here and there…

Copy A: I would give a 9.0 as well, no less.

Copy B: Agreed on a 9.2-9.4 depending how good it looks in hand (big scans are a bit deceiving).

The scans, although bigger than previous scans, are still quite small to be able to provide better input. Bot are beautiful copies BTW! (thumbs u

Uh, timern, wasn’t you that you taught me how to magnify the Photobucket images? Oh, well, maybe it was someone else, but it’s easy: Click once on the picture, then click on the magnifying glass icon on the LR, and then again on the magnifying glass icon on the LR – and you have the largest picture size available. (thumbs u

Personally, I am put off by two things:

– more than a book per thread (I saw two and ran away! :D )

– books that I have absolutely no interest whatsover in (mostly DCs), and I know this is not nice so I’ll have to be fair and try to grade some here and there…

Copy A: I would give a 9.0 as well, no less.

Copy B: Agreed on a 9.2-9.4 depending how good it looks in hand (big scans are a bit deceiving).

Uh, timern, wasn’t you that you taught me how to magnify the Photobucket images? Oh, well, maybe it was someone else, but it’s easy: Click once on the picture, then click on the magnifying glass icon on the LR, and then again on the magnifying glass icon on the LR – and you have the largest picture size available. (thumbs u

Oh yes it was but if you read further in the thread I got him to check with you on how to link the larger scans to the smaller ones! Somehow it worked because the links are there now! You do wonderful and mysterious work my friend (thumbs u