• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can my X-MEN 12 really be a -VG???

24 posts in this topic

Bought this thing as a -VG for 50 bucks on (yes I know) ebay. Didnt see the water damaged until I gor the book. I wouldn't have minded buying a reader book if it was sold as one. So I'm thinking it cant be better than a GD+. So what does everyone think? Thanks in adavance!

20130930_121138.jpg

print screen

20130930_121230.jpg

screenshot on pc

20130930_121206.jpg

windows screenshot tool

Looking

20130930_121150.jpg

upload an image

20130930_121127.jpg

pc screen shot

It’s obviously a different copy.

The seller tried to get rid of his responsibilities by saying "I am not a professional grader" but he also says "so please see the photo for reference on the condition", and that’s the point you should stress: that is NOT a VG, by any means, and that even if bought as a GD (I haven’t checked the prices) this was not the comic you bought.

Believe me, file an eBay case, this seller deserves it. :)

If you are satisfied with the book and the price (as I said, I am not familiar with X-Men prices), keep it, but nonetheless I would ask the seller a substantial discount, because the book he pictured, even with the defects (different than yours) wasn’t so water damaged. I think it’s the least… (thumbs u

Nah its the same book IMO that's why the seller took the pic standing up in a Mylar. it does not show the damage and they glare of the pic hides the sins as well.

Upon further review it may not be the same book

Yes Greg, if you look closely, although the pictures are a bit blurred, the copy is not the one pictured in the auction listing: the defects are definitely different.

And to reply to SteveoSupremeo, I’m sorry but I fear pressing would do little for such damage, and there are also areas with color abrasions… :(

Seller keeps trying to offer me a partial refund of 15 bucks of the 50 spent. I almost want to accept to avoid losing ebays ddecision.

If you are fine with keeping it for $35 do so, but the seller was either not so honest or not paying attention and sent you a wrong book so, yes, Columbia's advice is better. :)

Seller keeps trying to offer me a partial refund of 15 bucks of the 50 spent. I almost want to accept to avoid losing ebays ddecision.

If you are fine with keeping it for $35 do so, but the seller was either not so honest or not paying attention and sent you a wrong book so, yes, Columbia's advice is better. :)

+1

The fact that you opened a thread here to discuss the grade and your contemplating a $15 partial refund proves that the seller couldn't have been too off on the grade, even with a different book. If your gonna hold the sellers feet to the fire on the subjective grade thats just annoying.

The seller sent the wrong book and should have offered a full refund by now, if he didn't start the case process with ebay. But if you decide to keep it and still complain, well, ugh