• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Marvel Value Stamp club
4 4

246 posts in this topic

A nice Hulk #181 for a local live auction tomorrow, just went to the preview, checked it and the stamp was cut out :cry:

Apologies for quoting myself, this book was around 8.5/9.0 it went for £120 ( $200)

No stamp is a killer.

P2100060.jpg

A nice Hulk #181 for a local live auction tomorrow, just went to the preview, checked it and the stamp was cut out :cry:

Apologies for quoting myself, this book was around 8.5/9.0 it went for £120 ( $200)

No stamp is a killer.

P2100060.jpg

:gossip: You should have bought it and got it graded. lol

So people are blinded by the the fact that the comic is incomplete due to everyone wanting to own the first appearance of Wolverine? ???:popcorn:

More like:

Hulk 181 has a *much* wider audience, including those who don't have a clue WTF a "Qualified" grade is, let alone a MVS.

So people are blinded by the the fact that the comic is incomplete due to everyone wanting to own the first appearance of Wolverine? ???:popcorn:

More like:

Hulk 181 has a *much* wider audience, including those who don't have a clue WTF a "Qualified" grade is, let alone a MVS.

To me it's more like WTF is CGC putting a 9.0 on a slab of an incomplete comic. It's not a 9.0 it's a poor. :tonofbricks:

Looks like this would make a great flip for people who can find raw copies with the coupon cut out from dealers that are nice copies otherwise and have them graded.

Looks like this would make a great flip for people who can find raw copies with the coupon cut out from dealers that are nice copies otherwise and have them graded.

Good old Scottish was a millionaire but didn't know it at the time. :roflmao:

No stamp is a killer.

P2100060.jpg

:gossip: You should have bought it and got it graded. lol

I already have this one bro........and a few other raws, all with stamps :grin:

P6300057.jpg

More like:

Well, the CGC 8.5 (Q) was properly labeled, and was bought by a fellow boardie, and ultimately ended up selling for more :whistle:

And most importantly, it was a tomato boxer . . . :acclaim:

Does anyone know what this does to the "value" of the book. I sent in my Hulk 181 for grading and it came back a "green label" 9.0 just wonder if it retains it's value the way a "normal" book would.

It absolutely kills the value, as it's an incomplete comic that CGC markets using the meh Green label.

Actually, IH181 is the lone exception to the rule, particularly in 8.0 and above. I sold one of my OO copies (MVS missing) CGC graded 8.5 W for $550 about 12 years ago . . . Of course my other OO copy I sold raw for $2200. It was later graded by CGC at 9.6 W. :)

All snarkiness aside, in a word? Yes. :)

Everyone wants to own one. Personally? I'd rather have an 8.0 (Q) than some ratty-azz 3.5 blue label :sumo:

Series 2, it sure was Fun to complete at the time

Bah, I laughed at their stupid attempts to get me to cut up my comics.

MVS Series 2 was one of the major let-downs ever, as I was hoping they're cover off the tons of characters (like Magneto, Firelord, Chameleon, Valkyrie, Blob, Scorpion, etc.) they missed in the first series, and new characters introduced in the interim (like Wolverine and the New X-Men).

But instead we get puzzles. :facepalm:

Series 2, it sure was Fun to complete at the time

Bah, I laughed at their stupid attempts to get me to cut up my comics.

MVS Series 2 was one of the major let-downs ever, as I was hoping they're cover off the tons of characters (like Magneto, Firelord, Chameleon, Valkyrie, Blob, Scorpion, etc.) they missed in the first series, and new characters introduced in the interim (like Wolverine and the New X-Men).

But instead we get puzzles. :facepalm:

I was about 11 then. In the long run it was probably good for the hobby, all those downgrades on hulk 181 for example help boost the nicer copies.

thanks for all the opinions....It was a book I've wanted for a while and I found a nice copy (all be it, incomplete) fairly cheap. Had it slabbed for display purposes and was just wondering everyone's opinions on a "green" labelled books. This is the only one I have.

Well I can finally join this club. I had wanted a complete book for a while. Just the MVS book - not every comic.

mmvscover.jpg

It has all the stamps neatly clipped and applied.

Pic of last stamp page

mmvs5.jpg

Grats!

As hard as it is to find a completed booklet, it took me years to find my mint never used booklet for my collection.

Grats!

As hard as it is to find a completed booklet, it took me years to find my mint never used booklet for my collection.

I can imagine. I had one back when they were issued but I was so anal even then about cutting up a comic that I gave it to a friend of mine. I never clipped one stamp.