• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GTG (Guess this Grade): Hulk 181

36 posts in this topic

I cleared that thing by the H in hulk, that was from my computer when I

clipped the pic.

You should be able to click on the picture and see an enlarged scan?

fail on no bc because the owner doesnt have one. I figured since the front cover is the main score factor, the back cover would be less effective.

Anyway, this idea wasn't that clever as I thought it would so here's the link: http://i.ebayimg.com/t/The-Incredible-Hulk-181-Nov-1974-Marvel-CGC-8-5-1st-Wolverine-appearance-/00/s/MTUwMFg5NjI=/z/-ToAAOxy-W9SQwke/$(KGrHqN,!qsFI+O7iEKgBSQwkd(r,!~~60_57.JPG

does anyone else see this as an 8.5?

clipped the pic.

fail on no bc because the owner doesnt have one. I figured since the front cover is the main score factor, the back cover would be less effective.

Anyway, this idea wasn't that clever as I thought it would so here's the link: http://i.ebayimg.com/t/The-Incredible-Hulk-181-Nov-1974-Marvel-CGC-8-5-1st-Wolverine-appearance-/00/s/MTUwMFg5NjI=/z/-ToAAOxy-W9SQwke/$(KGrHqN,!qsFI+O7iEKgBSQwkd(r,!~~60_57.JPG

I couldn't get the large scan to open originally, however reviewing the scan now on my desk top I was pretty sure 8.0 was an accurate grade.You know CGC seems to be pretty lenient on spine stresses so 8.5 is not unreasonable for them! But not so in my estimation meh

I like the idea of reviewing scans from graded books, it gives you and me an idea of what CGC considers good to mint! :grin:

OK, the corners are sharper than I thought, now that I can see a bigger pic. But still, I'd say 8.0 at best, it just isn't pretty enough to be an 8.5 with all those CBSCs and the slight abrasion on the spine.

-slym

Did anyone catch the crease on the bottom right too? yea, I definitely value the feedback of everyone who gives me their grading opinions but when I see ones like this it makes me wonder what the potential for some of mine are. I'll post up my IH181 later today.

clipped the pic.

I couldn't get the large scan to open originally, however reviewing the scan now on my desk top I was pretty sure 8.0 was an accurate grade.You know CGC seems to be pretty lenient on spine stresses so 8.5 is not unreasonable for them! But not so in my estimation meh

I like the idea of reviewing scans from graded books, it gives you and me an idea of what CGC considers good to mint! :grin:

Are you referring to the crease or impact damage on Hulk's right leg by his knee? And there is also a similar flaw on his left arm near the elbow! rantrant

Cripes... I missed that.

:doh:

-slym

You ever get the feeling that sometimes the CGC grader says the exact same thing and then decides he doesn't want to take it out of the slab to re-do the grading labels??? :roflmao::makepoint: