• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GTG: Journey Into Mystery #83 .... CGC ?.?

21 posts in this topic

CGC really seems more lenient than OSPG, so

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong.

Given the extensive spine creases, corner abrading and water stains I see it as 4.0/4.5

+1 But I thought they'd be even more lenient than Overstreet! That's why I went 5.0 :eek:

Resub maybe?

7229641188_e962e3a7c7_c.jpg

I was going to say 3.5 (shrug) I think it's just about right,no higher than 3.5.

It looks like a 3.5 to me, but I was going to guess CGC went a tad higher, due to their lenience on Marvel chipping and more recently H2O stains on 5.0 and under books.

Might be worth resubbing as I can't see it coming back any lower, and could come back as high as a 4.0

Yeh, in my experience, CGC hammers books with any type of water stain atleast 1-2 full grades.

Case and point...small water stain on top left corner by Thor's "feathers"...otherwise an absolutely beautiful book.

7686476344_a08afe6522_b.jpg

8140227611_405fdc091e_b.jpg

Yeah, I need to scan it but I have an ASM 12 that I subbed thinking 5.5/6.0 but for the water, ended up a 3.0. Granted the staining was bad, but still, my experience with CGC and stains is that they hammer them.