• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four #4

20 posts in this topic

Thank you in advance!

Book is complete with nice W/OW pages and has just the slightest of a spine roll which is hardly noticable. Front bottom right corner has a color breaking crease and the bottom spine has a 10 mm (1 cm) tear. There are several ticks along the spine.

Would you CGC this book and if so, would a clean and press bump up the grade significantly or only marginally?

Front:

FantasticFour4-Front_zpsedf0a7fa.jpg

Back:

FantasticFour4-Back_zps3167a3de.jpg

I agree about the defects and presentation in hand. 4.5 for me. However, you should get the book dry cleaned so all then soiling is removed and pressed to try to resolve and non CB spine creases. This is a SA key, so a 1 or 2 grade jump increases your return a lot. Usually there is a large price value increase at 6.0 and above. Definitely have it graded

I agree about the defects and presentation in hand. 4.5 for me. However, you should get the book dry cleaned so all then soiling is removed and pressed to try to resolve and non CB spine creases. This is a SA key, so a 1 or 2 grade jump increases your return a lot. Usually there is a large price value increase at 6.0 and above. Definitely have it graded

Thanks for the info!