• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #45............this one works!

19 posts in this topic

Ok, I just signed onto another web host for a small fee.

Again, here's my FF 45, one of my favorite Silver FF books. I've graded it acording to my personal standards, but welcome opinions.

The pic was taken with a digital camera and enlarged, so it's a little fuzzy. But the lighting on it dosen't hide much. I'm going to put a bunch of books on ebay soon, so i'd also like to know if you think a pic like this would make a good auction pic.

BTW Donut, thanks for the offer.

IM000399.jpg

A few very minor spine stresses, with only 1 breaking color.

1 crease along the binding near the bottom staple.

Pages are cream to off-white.

Other than that, the book is solid. I grade it as a VF+ which, if anything is a little tight. Unless you look closely, it has the appearance of a higher grade. I'll experiment with different ways of taking pics to get a clearer image.

I've gotten a couple of PM's already, but feel free to make an offer.

Ok, pic changed. I used the flash on this one, and changed some other settings.

Any raw ASM books I have are not currently for sale. And if they're 9.4 or higher, I'd send them to CGC.

Is the pic that bad?

If you are talking about using this kind of pic for an auction then it is not good. If you are going to be listing mid/high grade silver age books I would definatly use a scanner to generate your auction pics. Digital cameras are just not any good for close up detailed pics of this nature.

If you don't already have a scanner invest in one, you will get more bids on your auctions with high quality scans and the scanner will pay for itself.

>If you don't already have a scanner invest in one, you will get more bids on your >auctions with high quality scans and the scanner will pay for itself.

Yep true...I finally broke down and got a new scanner a week or so ago. Now I can post pics of my books on my auctions, and it has raised the amount of bids on EBay about 20% or so.

If u were taking a pic of a white covered silver Marvel like DD 1 or Avengers 4, the flash from the camera would make the cover look whiter & perhaps glossier (depending on the angle) than it is for eBay purposes. Lots of HP Scanners available under $100.

Yep. Getting a scanner is no problem, I'm just frustrated because I spent some $$$$ buying a digital camera. It'll have to do for now, at least until I start selling regularly on ebay. I'll just have to grade properly I guess. grin.gif

Looks 8.5/9.0 range depending on what we can't see...top staple looks indented and maybe a little wear on right edge as well as spine...

Great book, great cover. Personally I love how Triton is depicted on this one - guess they decided to give him a face and body lift, huh? laugh.gif

Dan