Statue Collections
24 24

4,854 posts in this topic

On 10/28/2021 at 6:01 PM, Mmanick said:

Luke cage bowen statue 

93FDF306-B0A0-4744-8363-2FBB66534B10.thumb.jpeg.9b0244a7edf3ce64bd0b1b4285df854c.jpeg

42139581-86BF-477D-9BB8-D0341E1D01F4.thumb.jpeg.03ec6171054c7753acc00067986848a7.jpeg

2AEF949D-EE19-4D2E-A735-834E7CBCE305.thumb.jpeg.6330453b4904907cfce3c20c7123a8bb.jpeg

That's what's up!

Complete with CHAIN BELT :x

@F For Fake is the one who informed me of Bowen, as I'm still a noob, it really does capture the classic feel :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/28/2021 at 4:05 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's what's up!

Complete with CHAIN BELT :x

@F For Fake is the one who informed me of Bowen, as I'm still a noob, it really does capture the classic feel :)

 

Absolutely I love the bowen 1/6 stuff. A couple kotobukiya and diamond select 1/6 are legit to. I'm not a big fan of anything pvc. I like the 1/4 sideshow,  xm and customs to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/28/2021 at 7:05 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's what's up!

Complete with CHAIN BELT :x

@F For Fake is the one who informed me of Bowen, as I'm still a noob, it really does capture the classic feel :)

 

Last i heard bowen stoped making marvel statues

I have 3 or 4 i like them!back in the day i bought them before really buying old comics...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/28/2021 at 6:18 PM, Namtak said:

Last i heard bowen stoped making marvel statues

I have 3 or 4 i like them!back in the day i bought them before really buying old comics...

Ya the person I tagged knew more about them than I, yet the classic feel is sometimes too good to pass up!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/28/2021 at 6:17 PM, Mmanick said:

Absolutely I love the bowen 1/6 stuff. A couple kotobukiya and diamond select 1/6 are legit to. I'm not a big fan of anything pvc. I like the 1/4 sideshow,  xm and customs to.

Definitely if you have the space !! ^^

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2021 at 1:39 AM, Mmanick said:

I'm considering buying this. would you say its that much better then the two bowen 1/6 statues on angels?

Best Daredevil for my money.  I generally take a long hard look at all of the statues for a given character and pick one because I don't really like having multiples of the same character.  This is the Daredevil I got.  No regrets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/28/2021 at 10:06 PM, Poekaymon said:

Best Daredevil for my money.  I generally take a long hard look at all of the statues for a given character and pick one because I don't really like having multiples of the same character.  This is the Daredevil I got.  No regrets.

i cant see the picture and i agree with you i only get one per character. which company andf scale did you go with?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/29/2021 at 2:23 PM, Mmanick said:

got you. did you see the custom i picked up? yellow costume

Yeah, it's interesting.  I generally don't pick up the battle-damaged pieces.  There have been a couple good Wolverine's where his mask is damaged or torn as well.  If I were willing to do like 2-3 of each character then I'd be more willing.  Like Wolverine I'd probably do one mask, one unmasked, and one damaged.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/1/2021 at 9:02 AM, Poekaymon said:

Yeah, it's interesting.  I generally don't pick up the battle-damaged pieces.  There have been a couple good Wolverine's where his mask is damaged or torn as well.  If I were willing to do like 2-3 of each character then I'd be more willing.  Like Wolverine I'd probably do one mask, one unmasked, and one damaged.    

for me that starts getting to expensive. Multiple 1/4 or 1/6 takes up alot of space as well. the DD i have on P.O is custom and i've always favored the original yellow costume.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/28/2021 at 7:05 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's what's up!

Complete with CHAIN BELT :x

@F For Fake is the one who informed me of Bowen, as I'm still a noob, it really does capture the classic feel :)

 

Hey bud!

Yeah, I used to be a huge Bowen freak. Was a member of the fan club, all of that good stuff. Used to have a ball back on the old message boards on his site. The truth is that without Randy Bowen, we wouldn't have any of the statues we have today. There were pieces here and there over the years, but he is the one that pioneered the format, created innovations like "the mini-bust" (which was a cottage industry unto itself for many years), and gave so much to the hobby. I eventually sold off my Bowen stuff as I downsized my collection, but the itch to get back into it is always there. In fact, I had bids in on two statues this morning that I just barely missed out on. I'd love to have the cases full of them again, but it ain't cheap!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/1/2021 at 8:11 PM, Iconic1s said:

Prime 1 (ordered through Sideshow) Cyborg Superman 1:3 scale FINALLY arrived today.  Pre-ordered in Jan 2019 and paid off over a year ago. I had three birthdays since ordering this guy. Worth the wait!  My only criticism is I would have personally enjoyed the ‘90’s style red undies on the outside. Did not order the ‘exclusive’ because it was not the Hank that I love!

Left eye lights up but I don’t have batteries yet  

3FB9FA1F-EBED-431F-A3AA-11E1DFCD0FEE.thumb.jpeg.622eae4263e95e0eea5f04495a37cd3d.jpeg8309D840-D48D-47D0-B192-457EAE32C0D2.thumb.jpeg.cd85fdddccf6012397619a3b8a62f913.jpeg
8C4C2921-E591-4057-9485-925E88C7F078.thumb.jpeg.bd18569854db65d98f0dd40620ee902a.jpegC472AE76-3952-45E7-880E-F65000D57195.thumb.jpeg.23c5740691046c489d83a8e2857ed5f9.jpeg8C444A78-8007-449C-9712-19C6F7AF2E75.thumb.jpeg.57542500d04fc77e442848243645fc86.jpeg1E6168D6-D4D3-4C3C-885E-0C4498F55BB4.thumb.jpeg.74d1d7888986f934c53536a328e6c49d.jpegB55EEFB7-6084-451F-8E3C-6911A872A8AB.thumb.jpeg.dec8c4cf20c81605e0653b62e4a82d05.jpeg1396F714-F359-4DCF-8740-866409C24991.thumb.jpeg.5b2b724029a0725ea4001b6b50eaaa2c.jpeg

 

  Reveal hidden contents

81C67318-DCFE-475E-BBD5-44A234C5E699.thumb.jpeg.092bd0b7ead1ca7df7df5d6af9cba50f.jpegC69EF6F0-81A0-4AFF-ABEE-62CDF750F68D.thumb.jpeg.e196dce3ff61894fb86404652f5bbf46.jpegBF059E86-CBF9-45C4-86C4-EE055124A448.thumb.jpeg.ed0a02e55701381b74ca10e5eec856d3.jpeg

 

You didn't have to get rid of the Doomsday set up, did you? 

Still a captivating statue :) Not bad for turning him into the Cyborg Supe's.

Were you also going to go for a full set, if they end up doing the Eradicator and others?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/2/2021 at 9:48 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

You didn't have to get rid of the Doomsday set up, did you? 

Still a captivating statue :) Not bad for turning him into the Cyborg Supe's.

Were you also going to go for a full set, if they end up doing the Eradicator and others?

No Sir, he fit on the same big table.  Just on opposite ends. :bigsmile:

I really like this piece. Was looking at it again last night after posting this and it’s probably overall my favorite statue. Really love the primary colors of the suit mixed with the metallic parts!!

Oh man, I would love to have the entire set if they made them!  As slow as production seems to be these days that would probably take many years now though!

Thanks and take care!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Artifiction

Funny story. I had Mr Lee sign this and then, instead of putting it back in the box I brought, I wrapped it with bubble wrap and stuffed it in my back pack 😂

Needless to say it somewhat broke haha, still a keepsake! I even brought it back to show him, he mentioned buying another and he'd sign for free!

IMG_20211202_102628029.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/2/2021 at 11:32 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Artifiction

Funny story. I had Mr Lee sign this and then, instead of putting it back in the box I brought, I wrapped it with bubble wrap and stuffed it in my back pack 😂

Needless to say it somewhat broke haha, still a keepsake! I even brought it back to show him, he mentioned buying another and he'd sign for free!

IMG_20211202_102628029.jpg

Oh man, that's a bummer. Still, like you said, still a keepsake. You should take him up on his offer some time. Nice of him to do that. (thumbsu

He does a cool Batman. Not sure how to describe his style .... "gritty" maybe? 

Edited by Artifiction
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/2/2021 at 11:02 AM, Artifiction said:

Oh man, that's a bummer. Still, like you said, still a keepsake. You should take him up on his offer some time. Nice of him to do that. (thumbsu

He does a cool Batman. Not sure how to describe his style .... "gritty" maybe? 

ya I asked him about it, he said it took a minute to perfect the style. Someone nearby at the time asked where he came up with his "1st published" Namor issue lol 

I basically summed it up as doing no wrong, just getting started and all. Still I probably stuck my foot in my mouth a couple of times, but I was 1st in line and he seemed real easy going :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am going to resurrect this thread with a recent preorder that is coming soon….and a new piece I was lucky to get my hands on. 
 

The first is the Batman Who Laughs from Sideshow which ships this week. 
 

The second is a custom piece from an Italian artist which is due to ship in April (birthday present to myself). There are only 10 made so I am pretty stoked !! 
 

98FE84B1-0E16-4C2D-A9A2-8B4312A9E625.jpeg

A480FC2C-99E2-4A42-A05E-4A063F12677F.jpeg

575695D9-92DB-4758-B07A-D7F9766C0139.jpeg

155527B7-DB31-4890-A668-FA76C0EEA16C.jpeg

ADAB341E-7D4D-48A0-88FB-D43E0B904062.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
24 24