• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Black Panther #1

15 posts in this topic

IMHO 8.5 to 9.0. I'm not sure what I am seeing on the back cover? Is that bleeding through from the interior? or is it something that has transferred onto the back cover from somewhere else? :o

i think it's transfer. Like Hado said, looks like a cloud by the front wheel

If that is ink transferred from another document to the outside of the back page then I would think that would be equivalent to someone drawing on the book. I would have to drop the grade from my original guess of 8.5 to 9.0 (although the rest of the book is worthy of it) to 7.0 to 7.5. I don't think anything above an 8.0 allows for ink of that magnitude. :facepalm:

@Heymike: As said, if the color is ink transfer from another book, it would bring it down, but if it rather is just the inner page graphics (ads?) inks which revealed themselves on the outer part of the cover – as it clearly seems – I don’t think it’s taken much into account, as it is very common (see my Fantastic Four #67, Copy D).

So I’d say about VF+, maybe VFNM if the book looks great in hand, but more a VF+. (thumbs u

@Heymike: As said, if the color is ink transfer from another book, it would bring it down, but if it rather is just the inner page graphics (ads?) inks which revealed themselves on the outer part of the cover – as it clearly seems – I don’t think it’s taken much into account, as it is very common (see my Fantastic Four #67, Copy D).

So I’d say about VF+, maybe VFNM if the book looks great in hand, but more a VF+. (thumbs u

I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I never even thought to open up the back cover and see if the back cover markings matches the inside pages. doh! I'll check it out.