• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Amazing Spider-Man 298-300

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, what's up. I was so excited about getting these books signed by The Man at NYCC this weekend until I decided to have another look at them today (haven't bothered inspecting them in a few years) My memory of their conditions was obviously completely distorted as they don't look good to me at all...What do you guys think? Any of these worth getting signed and slabbed? (shrug)

Nume3010riser132810019.png

Nume3010riser1328100191.png

Nume3010riser132810025.png

Nume3010riser132810026.png

Nume3010riser132810023.png

Nume3010riser1328100231.png

I'm most dissappointed with the 300; way too many color breaking spine ticks, the corners aren't sharp, there appears to be a crease in the bottom right corner of the front cover...very, very upsetting :(

I might be a little too low on these, but to my eye I see:

298: 9.2 (mostly for the bc)

299: 9.2 (a see a bend on the top left of the bc here)

300: 8.5

300 just has too many spine ticks and that corner kills it plus the color loss by the back spine.

Ultimately that choice is up to you.. I have to be honest, it would be a nostalgia/sentimental slabbing. You would be losing more money than you would gain by having the signature series and slabbing. For a modern book with submission you're probably somewhere at $200 already for Stan Lee

Ultimately that choice is up to you.. I have to be honest, it would be a nostalgia/sentimental slabbing. You would be losing more money than you would gain by having the signature series and slabbing. For a modern book with submission you're probably somewhere at $200 already for Stan Lee

Yup! I always get broke with Stan Lee. I made him rich and richer and filthy rich.

I might be a little too low on these, but to my eye I see:

298: 9.2 (mostly for the bc)

299: 9.2 (a see a bend on the top left of the bc here)

300: 8.5

300 just has too many spine ticks and that corner kills it plus the color loss by the back spine.

+1