• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant Size X-Men #1 and/or X-Men 94 Club
13 13

1,213 posts in this topic

So quick question that I've googled many times with no definitive answer that I'm guessing someone here will more than likely be able to answer!

Per Overstreet, I'd like to know how GSXM1 is priced at $1325 and X-Men 94 is priced at $1300.

Is it just me or should GSXM be worth quite a bit more than $25 having the 2nd appearance of Wolverine (plus he's on the cover), as well as many 1st appearances where 94 is all 2nd appearances. Especially with the dramatic drop off for most "2nd appearances" it kinda leaves me :shrug:

I'm also sure this has been brought up a hundred times, but please......enlighten me!

The main reason 94 holds its price is because its the first book with the new team in the UXM numbering, whereas GS1 is seen as a 'one shot'.

I thought I read somewhere that GSXM1 was more plentiful than XM94. And, with 94's dark cover compared to GSXM's white cover, the 94s are harder to get in higher grade. The greater scarcity plus the condition issue may help to even the two out price wise. I agree that GSXM1 is the more "important" of the two and that is certainly the one I'd own if I could only own one.

So quick question that I've googled many times with no definitive answer that I'm guessing someone here will more than likely be able to answer!

Per Overstreet, I'd like to know how GSXM1 is priced at $1325 and X-Men 94 is priced at $1300.

Is it just me or should GSXM be worth quite a bit more than $25 having the 2nd appearance of Wolverine (plus he's on the cover), as well as many 1st appearances where 94 is all 2nd appearances. Especially with the dramatic drop off for most "2nd appearances" it kinda leaves me :shrug:

I'm also sure this has been brought up a hundred times, but please......enlighten me!

The price of each book is determined not only by the appearances in that book, but the number of copies available in that grade and other factors.

94 is much much rarer than GSX 1 in high grade.

I thought I read somewhere that GSXM1 was more plentiful than XM94. And, with 94's dark cover compared to GSXM's white cover, the 94s are harder to get in higher grade. The greater scarcity plus the condition issue may help to even the two out price wise. I agree that GSXM1 is the more "important" of the two and that is certainly the one I'd own if I could only own one.

The white cover and there have been a few huge warehouse finds of GSX 1.

The main reason 94 holds its price is because its the first book with the new team in the UXM numbering, whereas GS1 is seen as a 'one shot'.

I don't think that is correct.

I am happy to be corrected (thumbs u

I am happy to be corrected (thumbs u

Well I imagine that is a factor and I certainly can't prove it isn't but I would have thought scarcity in grade is a much more important factor.

22 copies of XM 94 in 9.8 compared to 102 for GSX 1.

Then explain why X-Men #94 is valued more than Giant-Size X-Men #1 in any grade lower than NM in Overstreet?

As I recall, when the new X-Men got really popular back in the late 70s, X-Men #94 was actually more sought after than GSX #1. Collectors wanted the first of the regular series more than GSX #1. GSX #1 was treated like an annual and annuals were not as popular. Gradually over the years, the significance of GSX #1 grew. If you go back and look at the OPGs back then, X-Men #94 was valued more. Look at the wanted ads in TBG back in the day. Dealers wanted X-Men #94 because that's what collectors wanted.

Edited by jaeldubyoo

Maybe not the place to ask - but looking at picking up a X-Men 94 CGC 9.0 with white pages - just wondering what a good price is? Looking at a local copy and right now we are discussing and we are at $850 - is that too much or a good deal?

Edited by Chillax23

Maybe not the place to ask - but looking at picking up a X-Men 94 CGC 9.0 with white pages - just wondering what a good price is? Looking at a local copy and right now we are discussing and we are at $850 - is that too much or a good deal?

I would put this in the WTB section and put what you are looking to spend.