• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant Size X-Men #1 and/or X-Men 94 Club
13 13

1,213 posts in this topic

On 6/12/2021 at 3:28 PM, papasmurf_y2k said:

I’ve had these since the early 90’s, bought as a teenager.  FINALLY, sent in for professional grading.  I remember paying $90 for the GSX but cannot recall the #94.

image.thumb.jpeg.8ac40112c8273fde5da20a12981ce445.jpeg

Is that "3-25" actually written on the cover?  How much of the score deduction does that account for?

12 hours ago, Wolverinex said:
12 hours ago, davebo357 said:

Is that "3-25" actually written on the cover?  How much of the score deduction does that account for?

None.  Date stamp

I believe a small unobtrusive date stamp would have no impact on this CGC 9.0 graded copy, but that larger than normal greased pencil date probably DID have an impact on the final grade.  hm  (shrug)

6 hours ago, ft88 said:

Dave Johnson picked this up from a lead I received and couldn’t drive out to make an offer. Sweet key even with the strip off. 

B22A3D9A-0AA0-492E-BB02-E8C2AC51C8C1.thumb.jpeg.4671d48fa86b1963c191e08d803c9e92.jpeg

Yes, was not expecting to see this comic when Ed gave me the lead, but very happy to have found it in the stack, made the drive more than worthwhile. Thanks Ed!

On 4/15/2021 at 10:39 AM, lou_fine said:

And yet at the same time, if you read the first line of the auction listing description above, it would appear that it is also no longer a $67,900 book where it was just a couple of short weeks ago.  :gossip: 

You are correct, it is no longer a $67,900 book. It is now a $72,000 book :banana:

Jokes aside, I think we can all agree that this book has gone nuclear. One year ago this was regularly selling in the $13-15K range. Whether any particular copy now sells for $47K or $72K or likely somewhere in between, that is several hundred percent growth in ONE year. And this isn't one sale, it has now been 5 sales of $47K and above. The nice thing about GSX1 is it trades more often than most books in this price range so you can see how it's doing across a larger sample size. 

5 minutes ago, carefulsum said:

Was hearing rumblings that this book is starting to correct but it's still going strong I guess WoW $72k and this is not even white pages...

A lot of copies under 9.8 have dipped. 9.8's are a different animal I guess.