• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant Size X-Men #1 and/or X-Men 94 Club
13 13

1,213 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Sold too late.  He should have listened to me a few months ago.

I mean I don't know about that. The $72K is the highest sale ever as far as I know and that was only what, 3 days prior to his copy selling last night? It's just a matter of which 2 guys are going after any particular copy that comes up right now. The price range seems pretty broad between $40K and $70K but who knows what the next one will sell for, maybe closer to the $70K than the $40K. 

I will say that the $72K sale was a better looking book than the one on CL last night. Not sure how much that matters these days as I think most people are probably just buying the grade but it could have had an impact.

31 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Sold too late.  He should have listened to me a few months ago.

Overall your friend did just fine. I'm sure he's thrilled with what the 56, 58, 107, 129 etc sold for as some of those went absolutely ballistic.

10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I guess the giddy and bubbly Heritage auction fever must have petered out by the weekend and was all gone by Monday since this copy on CL managed to fetched only $42K in their auction last night:  :(

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FPREVIEW.ASP%3Fcode%3D2021june%26session%3D0%23Item_1490264&id=1490264&itemType=0#detail

01291551698000111305611006.jpg

I imagine the consignor of this so-called #2 Registry Set (whatever that is  ??? ) must not have been too overly excited with this result, especially since the last few sales over the past 2 months or so have all been in the $60K+ price range.  :frown:

Yeah, only sold for 42K, what a tragedy! 9_9

On 6/22/2021 at 4:52 AM, Math Teacher said:

Here's one thing I don't understand about this online tax law. If I buy something from a company in Oregon, which has no sales tax, why do I have to pay the Iowa 7% sales tax? It would seem to me that the sale occurred in Oregon.

It's because your state does not want to miss out on those sweet tax dollars. Maybe you should move to Oregon ;-)

On 6/22/2021 at 11:37 AM, LordRahl said:

The price range seems pretty broad between $40K and $70K but who knows what the next one will sell for, maybe closer to the $70K than the $40K. 

Well, the next one is bound to be more than the CL $42K copy as this one here on CC that ends in a few hours from now is already at $54K:  (thumbsu

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/911142

x-m6.492.jpg

I guess we will just have to wait and see what kind of action takes place once the 3-minute buzzer sounds off. :popcorn:  :taptaptap:

16 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, the next one is bound to be more than the CL $42K copy as this one here on CC that ends in a few hours from now is already at $54K:  (thumbsu

x-m6.492.jpg

I guess we will just have to wait and see what kind of action takes place once the 3-minute buzzer sounds off. :popcorn:  :taptaptap:

What did it end up selling for?

32 minutes ago, BrooksR said:

What did it end up selling for?

Well, if you click onto the real-time link in my post up above, you can see that it still has 3 more hours to go until it hits the 3 minute buzzer for their additional extended bidding sessions where the action usually heats up for the real hot books.  :gossip:

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Well, if you click onto the real-time link in my post up above, you can see that it still has 3 more hours to go until it hits the 3 minute buzzer for their additional extended bidding sessions where the action usually heats up for the real hot books.  :gossip:

The link just takes me to the main page, maybe I need an account 🤔 

I’m glad they’re still doing well, it kind of felt like they were cooling down for a bit 

6 minutes ago, BrooksR said:

I’m glad they’re still doing well, it kind of felt like they were cooling down for a bit 

No, you don't need to have an account as I am not even signed in and if you click this link here, it'll take you right to the book with about 50 minutes left to go for this GSXM 1 lot here:  :gossip:

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:
1 hour ago, BrooksR said:

No, you don't need to have an account as I am not even signed in and if you click this link here, it'll take you right to the book with about 50 minutes left to go for this GSXM 1 lot here:  :gossip:

Ya the 9.8 GSXM ended at $56,222

Thanks for the link!

Just now, Terry_JSA said:

New record for the book in that grade?

No 

The one before the last was like 70k+

Then one sold on comiclink for like 40k+

So I think people are happy this went for more or back up

To show stabilizing rather than crash....  :tink:

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

No 

The one before the last was like 70k+

Then one sold on comiclink for like 40k+

So I think people are happy this went for more or back up

To show stabilizing rather than crash....  :tink:

Books correcting themselves, you love to see it! :tink:

1 hour ago, Terry_JSA said:
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya the 9.8 GSXM ended at $56,222

New record for the book in that grade?

Far from it as I believe they've now had about 4 sales either at or over the $60K price point within the past few months alone.  :gossip:

Based upon these recent auctionsales results, I would have to say that the CL copy for $42K is the outlier here on the low side. (thumbsu 

Edited by lou_fine

On 6/25/2021 at 1:42 PM, ProcessedMeatMan said:

The discoloration in the center of the CL 9.8 book probably didn't help. Perhaps a little bit of "buy the book, not the grade" factored in here.

Not sure I'm seeing any discoloration there? Anyway if there's an eye appeal issue with GSX it usually involves the bottom portion of the artwork being too close to the bottom edge as in Wolverine's middle claw not fully showing. Another one is the spine showing on the front cover but being skewed in one direction. I actually prefer the text on the spine to show on the cover so long as its straight down and not skewing off sideways. 

7 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Not sure I'm seeing any discoloration there? Anyway if there's an eye appeal issue with GSX it usually involves the bottom portion of the artwork being too close to the bottom edge as in Wolverine's middle claw not fully showing. Another one is the spine showing on the front cover but being skewed in one direction. I actually prefer the text on the spine to show on the cover so long as its straight down and not skewing off sideways. 

There is some. Slight discoloration and browning is common on a lot of silver and Bronze books with white covers. It's subtle but noticeable. The other 9.8 didn't seem to have it. 

Screenshot_20210626-220046_Chrome.jpg