• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Ms. Marvel #18

6 posts in this topic

Another upgrade. My previous copy, which has two or three very soft spine ticks.

The biggest problem is the right side of the front cover, which has a good deal of "ear creasing", not so drastic and mostly non-color breaking, but crumpled/wrinkled almost all along the right side.

A slight bit of fanning. Back cover is pretty much flawless – would have been a great copy if not for the side crumpling. :)

Thanks for looking! (thumbs u

c9i0nXHh.jpg

High res: http://i.imgur.com/c9i0nXH.jpg

AweiPA9h.jpg

High res: http://i.imgur.com/AweiPA9.jpg

I would have to go with 8.0 to 8.5. The wrinkling along the RHS of the front cover extends to far into the cover in my opinion to be able to give this a higher grade :cry: but not bad enough to give it a lower grade! :blush: IMHO

Curiously, the seller which usually grades very tightly, had it at a VF, but I wouldn’t say in this case it was downgraded.

I would not give it more than a VF because of the wrinkling (not noticeable in full in the scan), which is a bit ugly in hand, although it pretty much does not break excessively the black area.

This would have been a really fresh copy if not for that… doh!

Curiously, the seller which usually grades very tightly, had it at a VF, but I wouldn’t say in this case it was downgraded.

I would not give it more than a VF because of the wrinkling (not noticeable in full in the scan), which is a bit ugly in hand, although it pretty much does not break excessively the black area.

This would have been a really fresh copy if not for that… doh!

Agreed! (thumbs u

Can't imagine it looks worse than those scans, but yes sometimes the scans are nicer than the book in hand (but that's not very often) :eek:

It looks better in the sense that in hand the color breaks are hardly noticeable, but at the same time it looks worse as the right side of the cover is all "crumpled".

Probably pressing would improve it, but doesn’t make much sense for a Ms. Marvel #18, of which there are plenty high grade copies… :)