• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crisis on Infinite Earths

104 posts in this topic

I blew this off originally but after reading Goerge's comments on his website I may give it read.

CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS (Novel) (Apr 2005)

From George Perez's website:

First, I've been talking for several weeks about "The novel." The editing is done and I'm awaiting notes, etc. But since I see that it's already on Amazon.com including with the cover, I thought I'd run it on this site, too. The book is a completely new take on the original Crisis story with probably 70% new material. Whereas the original was cosmic in scope, this one is very personal. I'll talk about it more over the next few months.

Amazon.com doesn't yet mention that this is an original novel and not a new edition of the reprinted comic, so it's important that if you want the novel you buy the book with the above cover. The book is scheduled to be published in May, but Amazon is taking pre-orders.

Cover

crisis-novel1.jpg

Crisis = sleeping.gif

yay.gifpoke2.gif

Perhaps if it had been "Crisis on Infinite Earths", written and illustrated by Frank Miller, you would have enjoyed it moore ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Delightful! Truly a treat to watch as you expose The Monster's innate comic snobbery! That will teach him to turn his snout to such fine writing and superior artwork!

(Oh yeah, and FFB? Sleep with one eye open. Santa Khaos is coming to town.)

Crisis = sleeping.gif

yay.gifpoke2.gif

Perhaps if it had been "Crisis on Infinite Earths", written and illustrated by Frank Miller, you would have enjoyed it moore ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Delightful! Truly a treat to watch as you expose The Monster's innate comic snobbery! That will teach him to turn his snout to such fine writing and superior artwork!

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

THE RETURN OF THE KING: WHY THE GREAT ONES NEVER LOSE IT

I AM IN AWE, 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I like the idea of Crisis from a "personal" perspective. I loved the huge scale of the series but I felt that the death of many of the heroes lacked emotional impact. I think if the novel follows through with a more intimate, less cosmic approach then the story will have a greater emotional effect.

Crisis = sleeping.gif

yay.gifpoke2.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

THE RETURN OF THE KING: WHY THE GREAT ONES NEVER LOSE IT

I AM IN AWE, 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Yeah, but I hear you have the same reaction to a Bic lighter. confused-smiley-013.gif

Crisis = sleeping.gif

yay.gifpoke2.gif

Probably. At least then it wouldn't have sucked so bad.

I like the idea of Crisis from a "personal" perspective. I loved the huge scale of the series but I felt that the death of many of the heroes lacked emotional impact.

Exactly. When Supergirl died, I was like "THIS is what so many people got worked up about? Yeesh." It had all the emotional impact of an Image Comics swimsuit issue. foreheadslap.gif

PEOPLE TO KILL:

• Povertyrow (close enough)
  • Greggy (dead to me)
  • F.F.Bono NOW SERVING

If only you had killed me BEFORE I read Crisis. At least you would have spared me that indignity. I can never erase that tripe from my memory now.

If only you had killed me BEFORE I read Crisis. At least you would have spared me that indignity. I can never erase that tripe from my memory now.

But what did ya think about Legion of Super-Heroes #300? That was one sweet book, eh? poke2.gif